Default Chaining down LR

Seeing some guys tightening the chain down on LR on some smaller tracks.

Anyone have experience doing this? Pros / Cons?

Good question. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw4j View Post
    Seeing some guys tightening the chain down on LR on some smaller tracks.

Anyone have experience doing this? Pros / Cons?
    If that's all you do, expect to skate or lose sidebite.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    So on a smaller track where corner speed is reduced it is a logical adjustment.

I see alot of adjustable chain limiters for sale with little info on adjustments.

Its kind of confusing because it can change, rear steer, spring loading, arm angles (if not adjusted for drop change), jbar angle etc....lots going on.

So on a smaller track where corner speed is reduced it is a logical adjustment.

I see alot of adjustable chain limiters for sale with little info on adjustments.

Its kind of confusing because it can change, rear steer, spring loading, arm angles (if not adjusted for drop change), jbar angle etc....lots going on.
    I never want to take my blade out of the air. You are right, it changes a lot of variables. Look at bloomer trying to recover from the droop rule.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-16-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I never want to take my blade out of the air. You are right, it changes a lot of variables. Look at bloomer trying to recover from the droop rule.
    so say your in a car with a small blade (4" or less), at some point there is a crossover from aero load to mechanical where mechanical (LR extended load) creates more grip?

so say your in a car with a small blade (4" or less), at some point there is a crossover from aero load to mechanical where mechanical (LR extended load) creates more grip?
    The higher you let the lr come, the higher the Center of gravity gets. The more dynamic wedge the car picks up. Both of those are either good or bad depending on what you had before the change. That's the way I see it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The higher you let the lr come, the higher the Center of gravity gets. The more dynamic wedge the car picks up. Both of those are either good or bad depending on what you had before the change. That's the way I see it.
    thanks for replies. always helpful.

in our particular case this was a positive change, seemed to calm the car down a little overall making it easier to drive.

I changed it 1/4" shorter the other week, and it really loosened the car up, dramatic in fact. Seems to be a good adjustment for heavy conditions.

Just say no...

Becoming a more common adjustment but you have to do other things. Its not going to work if your car isn't set to work with less drop. As the years go bye, things kinda go back to where they once were in some respects. Longer rods to shorter rods to longer rods to shorter rods. Fore mount rods to aft mount rods to center mount rods to fore mount to aft mount. All kinds of stuff out there. The bottom line from my experience is how it all works together. The basic science isn't changing, the tools to take advantage of that science are changing at the speed of light.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Becoming a more common adjustment but you have to do other things. Its not going to work if your car isn't set to work with less drop. As the years go bye, things kinda go back to where they once were in some respects. Longer rods to shorter rods to longer rods to shorter rods. Fore mount rods to aft mount rods to center mount rods to fore mount to aft mount. All kinds of stuff out there. The bottom line from my experience is how it all works together. The basic science isn't changing, the tools to take advantage of that science are changing at the speed of light.
    for sure...there are a lot of moving parts in an other wise simple adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    your right about that , and rules have a lot to do with it to , the new factory stock rules at TST have put the leaf spring camaro back in the game....

Changing the right front ride height is a very effective way to change lr traction.

thanks for replies. always helpful.

in our particular case this was a positive change, seemed to calm the car down a little overall making it easier to drive.
    If the track has traction and character a lot of times less chain makes it more predictable. Maybe your overall fast lap time isn't as good but the average lap time improves cause you dont have those corner where you push and lose a half a second.