FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 14, 2020

Tyler Bruening Banks Back-To-Back LOLMDS Top-10 Finishes
Preps for Busy Stretch of Racing Across Three States

DECORAH, Iowa (07/14/20) – Entering the second half of the 2020 season as a rookie on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS), Tyler Bruening is starting to pick up steam in his Skyline Motorsports No. 16 Bennett Explosives/ Bruening Rock Products/ Capital Race Cars Super Late Model. In fact, in the past two series events he’s come away with Top-10 finishes.

“We knew this year would be a challenge jumping up to a national tour, but we obviously never dreamed we’d destroy a pair of cars early in the year. We were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it left us behind the eight ball during the first half of the season,” Bruening shared. “However, there’s no quit in this team, and over the past month we’ve been gaining momentum, and that’s been reflected in our finishes. Honestly, I think we’ve been even better than our finishes have showed but have just battled through flat tires and other challenges.

“I’m looking forward to the next two weeks of racing, and I’m definitely looking forward to getting back to I-80 Speedway for the Silver Dollar Nationals next week. That’s a place we’ve been fast at before, and hopefully we can use that to our advantage.”

Tyler’s weekend of racing began on Friday night at Florence Speedway (Union, Ky.), where he was one of 33 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) entries on hand for the General Tire Summer Sizzler Nationals doubleheader. Recording a runner-up finish in his heat behind Jonathan Davenport, Bruening locked into the fifth-starting position for the $12,000-to-win A-Main. Racing in the Top 10 throughout the 50-lap affair, Bruening notched an eighth-place finish.

Saturday night’s $12,000-to-win finale at the ˝-mile oval fell victim to Mother Nature.

On Monday night LOLMDS action continued in Bruening’s home state with a trip to 300 Raceway (Farley, Iowa) for the Truck Country 50. Twenty-seven competitors entered the event, and Tyler finished second in his heat race to once again earn the fifth-starting spot for the 50-lap, $10,000-to-win feature.

Tyler was running in the Top 10 early in the feature, when bad luck bit on lap 18 with a flat tire. He ducked into the pits for fresh rubber and rejoined the tail of the field before rebounding to finish ninth.

Tyler currently sits second in the LOLMDS Rookie of the Year battle and resides 14th in the overall LOLMDS point standings. For full results from this weekend, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Team 16 now prepares for a busy stretch of racing, which spans July 17-25, and includes six nights of competition in nine days. Action opens on Friday, July 17 with the $12,000-to-win Napa Know How 50 at Illinois’ Tri City Speedway. From there the series travels west to the state-of-the-art Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) for a doubleheader of action. On Saturday, July 18 the rescheduled 28th annual Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 takes center stage with a $20,000 top prize. One night later the 14th annual Diamond Nationals posts a $12,000 winner’s check.

The team then enjoys a three-day break before embarking on the 10th annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals at Nebraska’s I-80 Speedway. Spanning July 23-25, action opens with the Malvern Bank Go 50 on Thursday, July 23 with a $12,000 winner’s check up for grabs. Then on Friday and Saturday, the $53,000-to-win Silver Dollar Nationals caps the mega weekend.

For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Tyler Bruening would like to thank all of his sponsors including Skyline Motorsports, Bennett Explosives, Bruening Rock Products, Capital Race Cars, Super K Express, Truck Country, Olson Explosives, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Freeman Plumbing, Hoosier Tire South, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Carolina Concrete Finishers, QA1, Quarter Master, Hovden Oil, Bert Transmission, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Penske Shocks, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, Modern Images, Stop Tech Brakes, Allstar Performance, Advanced Transportation, Lucas Oil Products, DirtOnDirt.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Tyler Bruening and Skyline Motorsports, please visit www.Tyler16.com .