FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 14, 2020

Cornell Rolls to Second Win of the Season at Lucas Oil Speedway
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Doubleheader Next

WILLARD, Mo. (07/14/20) – Kaeden Cornell notched his second victory of the season on Saturday night at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri.

Cornell wired the field in his Hoover Motorsports No. 50 Cloverleaf Auto Repair/ Choate Farms/ Rocket Chassis/ Hatfield Racing Engine Late Model, leading all 20 laps of the ULMA Late Model feature.

In Victory Lane, Cornell made a quick point to wish his parents, Aaron and Tracy, a Happy Anniversary. "Without them, I wouldn't be standing here. They mean the world to me," Cornell said. "It got a little dicey there in lapped traffic. I didn't really know where to go because I hadn't run anywhere but the bottom. I can’t thank everyone enough for the support. I’m looking forward to the Show-Me 100 and Diamond Nationals this weekend."

Picking up an 8-lap heat race victory over Dylan Hoover, Cornell locked into the pole position for the 30-lap main event.

Cornell had some early pressure from Johnny Fennewald and Brad Looney before eventually checking out from the field. He opened up a 2.7-second lead by lap 15 and, after dealing with lapped traffic, finished 1.3 seconds ahead of Larry Ferris. Fennewald, Cole Henson, and Todd Shute rounded out the Top-5.

Additional information on this event can be found at www.LucasOilSpeedway.com.

Kaeden now looks ahead to a mega weekend at Lucas Oil Speedway. On Saturday, July 18, the 28th Annual Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 is highlighted by the $20,000 winners share. Then, on Sunday, the competitors will chase a $12,000 top prize in the 14th Annual CMH Diamond Nationals. Both events will be co-sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and the Lucas Oil MLRA.

To learn more about these events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com or www.MLRARacing.com.

Kaeden Cornell and Hoover Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Cloverleaf Auto Repair, Choate Farms, D.R. Racing, Lucas Oil Products, Hatfield Racing Engines, Oil & Octane Shop, TruForm Race Products, Simpson Race Products, Rocket Chassis, Tegeler Wrecker & Crane, Midwest Sheet Metal, Swift Springs, Chris Claunch Photography, SuperMoon Graphics, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Kaeden Cornell, please visit www.KaedenCornell.com. You can also connect with Kaeden Cornell on Facebook @KedenCornellRacing, on Twitter @KaedenCornell, and on Instagram @k50c.