Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    A couple years ago, there was a similar incident at Sycamore Speedway, Popular regional driver and regular at Sycamore slid another driver and Won. I believe the victim checked up and went off on the hook. Promoter Tiffany docked the winners pay. Driver stated on social media that he will never race at Sycamore again. And far as I know, he hasn't.
    mataragas and olsen?

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    mataragas and olsen?
    That is correct.
    Last edited by IL LM Fan; 07-15-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Hey madcat, sorry I didn't see there is 2. NC madcat I was referring to.

If you meant NC Mudcat, then I'll reply. Been there, done that. And realized you don't penalize dirt racers for sliders.

I don’t agree with penalizing dirty sliders because it would be a judgement call, and all judgement calls suck. Let the racers take care of it. Bobby is going to end up getting the sh*t kicked out of him someday and then maybe he’ll learn.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Start penalizing sliders and you're opening a can of worms. It opens a whole bunch of oppurtunities for home cookin' and I bet it would benefit popular drivers like say Pierce, more than it would hurt them. Were the crowd throwing beer cans and rioting after that win? or were they, I suspect, cheering? Or was there even fans there? Jeebus I'm ready to get back to the USA already.

As far as dirty driving goes, live by the sword, die by the sword.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Been saying it for years. People didn't believe it but now you all see it. Babb did pay him back. They still get into it as last year's summer nationals at farmer city babbs wife an Angie got in a fight an they had Angie in handcuffs in cop car.
    Lol payback for getting passed without touching him Babb got snuckered on a restart ya he slid him but cleared him boo boo babb had to jump on the brakes, 

Don't disagree, but when you have a blatant slider, and you can tell the difference. You wreck the guy, you need to tail the field or get parked. The guys that are good at sliders know when they need to back off and give the guy room, that's BP problem. He will just use you up, that's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    Lol payback for getting passed without touching him Babb got snuckered on a restart ya he slid him but cleared him boo boo babb had to jump on the brakes, 
    Fixed this for you... lol

What a bunch of snowflakes. Sliders are a huge part of dirt racing, and they aren't always perfectly executed. But that doesn't make them dirty. Take away sliders and it might as well be asphalt racing.

I’d much rather see them penalize the back marker car that has trouble starting and wrecks multiple times in the same race (wrecks himself I should say). Fortunately in late models now a days there are very few of these types Still racing.

Sliders are a great accomplishment to a great race, but they aren't the only way to pass.

Most great drivers have that figured out.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't agree that a driver should be penalized, both parties just need to be men. One that admits he screwed up and the other that gets payback when it's time. Let it police itself and you don't lose the excitement

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    A couple years ago, there was a similar incident at Sycamore Speedway, Popular regional driver and regular at Sycamore slid another driver and Won. I believe the victim checked up and went off on the hook. Promoter Tiffany docked the winners pay. Driver stated on social media that he will never race at Sycamore again. And far as I know, he hasn't.
    I witnessed that one in person.

Ilsaste32 well the payback proved a point and he drives completely different against babb ever since and watches what he says in interviews about babb. More of it to come then will see whose crying. I hope a few are in big $ races to. But they only have til next year to do it after that Pierce won't even be competitive as daddy retires.

Somebody will surely pick him up and put him in a car that can win after Bob retires.......it's up to Bobby to figure out how all that will shake out and look on the track.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Ilsaste32 well the payback proved a point and he drives completely different against babb ever since and watches what he says in interviews about babb. More of it to come then will see whose crying. I hope a few are in big $ races to. But they only have til next year to do it after that Pierce won't even be competitive as daddy retires.
    Your right I agree with ya, junk him if he's doing you dirty, but that was dead a bad example, everybody start putting him in the fence, the problem with that is he is usually the only car passing putting on a show so he's the only one you guys can complain about...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    What a bunch of snowflakes. Sliders are a huge part of dirt racing, and they aren't always perfectly executed. But that doesn't make them dirty. Take away sliders and it might as well be asphalt racing.
    Ya the PDC was a fantastic finish, and Bobby took it like a man and shook Sheppys hand...thats racing...

The art of the payback is being able to do it without damaging your car or taking yourself out of the race. I have seen it many times were the driver trying to do it ends up on the hook. Sometimes it's better to just get up on the wheel & let your driving do the talking.

When you do a slider and make the leader or car ahead of you slam on the brakes to keep from being hit and ran into the wall or off the track then it is dirty driving.

You got D. Moraned. hehe

Making the car in front brake for you can lead the other cars getting involved also.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!