Thread: Racin' Richard

Default Racin' Richard

A friend e-mailed me asking did I know Racin' Richard had passed away. If you attended tracks in Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia, and east Tennessee, you probably have come across Richard. One time he told me his last name but it now escapes my memory. Nice guy and very knowledgable about dirt track racing. R.I.P.
    Last edited by jog49; 07-14-2020 at 06:49 PM.

I regretfully got this information last night. Racin Richard was a staple at races in the South and crown jewels. He would be one of the first to arrive at the track and one of the last ones to leave. He was a dirt racing fanatic! RIP

I had run into Richard at several tracks throughout the years, most notably Eldora. He was a cool dude. He would do whatever it takes to get to a race!

If this is the same Racin Richard that Walter Faulkner , was friends with at Cherokee Speedway in S.C.....I knew him to.
    Walter used to say that the race was official when he saw Richard walk in.......Walter Faulkner out of Greer S.C. was one of the best announcers that ever lived........on a side note. Been retired for several years now and nobody comes close....

Yes it was Richard. He will be missed.

R.I.P.................Richard.........

Richard was a gem,when you met him at the track about always had a new racin shirt under one arm.No telling how many he collected over his time. R.I.P. My Friend 🙏

R.I.P Richard, always a great person to talk to.

Does anybody remember Richard's last name?

My wife says Newton, doesn't sound right to me... I will post if I can find, he use to live in the Cherryville NC area I believe.

Wife was correct, Richard Newton- Mooresboro.

Thank you!

https://www.rsmorganfsl.com/obituary/Richard-Newton--

new more about racing than anyone i knew- he has his favorites but never disliked any driver- was a friend to all

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdale View Post
    https://www.rsmorganfsl.com/obituary/Richard-Newton--

new more about racing than anyone i knew- he has his favorites but never disliked any driver- was a friend to all

Oh chit... I remember him now. Idk that was him. I would see him at different tracks. I sold him a ticket of mine a few yrs back at the world finals. RIP RICHARD!
    Last edited by HIGH ROLLER; 07-17-2020 at 11:05 AM.

One year I think I saw Richard at every track we went to, from Brunswick to Eldora; remember sitting down at the IRL race at Charlotte and looked over, Richard sitting a few seats away. He was truly one of the nicest people you would ever meet (he would stop by during the winter at my previous employment).

Rest easy Richard, you will be missed...