Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I thought the format sucked also. It felt like it was 3 hours of packing the track and 20 minutes of racing. Plus having to listen to the announcers talk about a lot of stupid stuff. Heat races with 4-6 cars is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Y'all should boycott formats like that, Drivers especially! Travel how far to watch 2 qualifying laps, 3 consi races and a feature. Pathetic format. Might as well go to asphalt race. Guys not transferring get barely any laps to get better.
    Jim a lot of fans Down here in the south have wished that for years but the drivers are against it. Ray’s series was actually one of the first to only lock in the top 4 or 8 and run heats to determine the rest with a dash for the ones locked in. I remember for many years it was qualify and have a one last chance race for most series around here. Most weekly shows is qualify and race features unfortunately.

I turned on the broadcast last night and thought I missed a big delay. Qualifying was starting about 8:45pm? Racing started about an hour later. Sure isn't a friendly format to those that had to work Friday morning.

Look, more people in this thread that will never go to one of these races anyway telling people what to do and to boycott.

So refreshing! I don’t like this so therefore YOU shouldn’t go.

Valid points about race cars on track. We want to see racing. Not packer cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    I turned on the broadcast last night and thought I missed a big delay. Qualifying was starting about 8:45pm? Racing started about an hour later. Sure isn't a friendly format to those that had to work Friday morning.
    I don't think Their is a "format" in the south that's good fit people who work the next day. Unless your planning on leaving the track and going straight to work lol

its trickled down to crate classes in the south now. Alot of the tracks around will qualify and run the feature straight up for 604 and 602

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I don't think Their is a "format" in the south that's good fit people who work the next day. Unless your planning on leaving the track and going straight to work lol
    How bout starting hot laps at 6:00 instead of 7:30? ........ I'm a Midwest guy who is loving the So Nats. Lotta new tracks and drivers I don't see race has been great but I've found the promoters are in no hurry to move a program along.

Of course car count matters but I'm a fan of hot laps, qualifying, heats, a last chance and the feature. A dash is always nice but not a deal breaker if there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    IIRC every So Nats race so far has had 5 classes except for last night, it had 4. We need these tracks/promoters to turn a profit but at the same time if people are not going cuz the show ends at 12:30 and they can't get to work, church or the kid's ball game the next day.

Fine line but shows ending after midnight is not good for a family that has things to do the next morning.

Like I said, it's a driver thing. For years Dixie Speedway Heat raced everything except Supers. They would then at least have the fastest qualifier in Supers spine a giant wheel to determine a possible invert of the top 6. However this seemed to stop altogether some years back when Senoia turned to dirt and started qualifying everything. Dixie regulars started showing up at Senoia every week so DIxie fell in line and now they literally qualify EVERYTHING with no invert. That Giant wheel in the pits just sits there now collecting dust.

Default BK

You have such a great command of reality and speak the truth.....wish you weren't right so much.

Sad part is.....these days people that can't think for themselves love being told what to do and how to do it by others....it's just easier than them finding out for themselves.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You have such a great command of reality and speak the truth.....wish you weren't right so much.

Sad part is.....these days people that can't think for themselves love being told what to do and how to do it by others....it's just easier than them finding out for themselves.
    Sheep. That’s what wolves feast on.

Lifelong libertarian. I control me, my thoughts, and my actions. They have consequences which I should know. Sometimes it makes it hard because I don’t land left or right every time on an issue, but it is what it is. If you can’t be true to yourself you’re a fraud from the start.

Watched on Flo, that is when I could stand it. Not very good show management. In fairness to southern tracks some of the sprint races I’ve watched lately from the Midwest aren’t any better. When one of these happen, one that is drug out unnecessarily, makes me want to hit the promoter in the head with a hammer and say “look genius, you may think it’s fun to spend 7 hours at a track on a weeknight but your paying fans don’t“. And when you have drivers determining your format and scheduling you have a bigger problem, like the inmates running the prison.
    I hate time trials.

Incorrect b_k, seen OMG ray cook Southern series at Florence and hated idea that 1 good lap all night set front of feature. Qualifying is ridiculous. Who wants to watch 20 compacts single 21sec. Lap? Lower divisions should rarely ever qualify. Pull pill and race your heats. If your fast you'll make feature. It gives fans what they paid to see, racing. It gives drivers what they need, experience.

Y'all claim crates saved dlm down there but truth is crappy formats, too many divisions, too many of same car classes have killed dlm racing. Eventually once retire I'd like to move south and still attend races but I'm too northern spoiled by real run race tracks. 3-4 divisions, 100 cars done by 11. 3-4 heats, b mains if necessary and then features.

I believe they have pushed back the start time of some of the Southern Natl's races due to the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    I believe they have pushed back the start time of some of the Southern Natl's races due to the heat.
    It’s just as hot in the Midwest right now.

Some folks should go back and re read some of their own stuff on occasion......it's amazing to me that they say things they (in their mind )think is true but when you read their posts it's not exactly as they remember or intended.

I'm as guilty as anyone for coming across the wrong way to certain folks and regret a little of that, difference is when I'm wrong most times I'll admit it.

Excuse me for noticing , but every track you have listed that you've supported in 2020 are all in the south Terry.
    Not sure that trash dig at BK and everyone else works out real well for you on this.

Northern spoiled, lmao......if it's so great and everyone is so spoiled and pampered why the mass exodus every year to come move south?

It's very confusing.

Comical thread.

I can’t imagine the delusion of feeling important enough to tell someone how to run THEIR business or THEIR life. You think it sucks, don’t go. If enough people agree with you over time things change or die. If not, guess what they don’t need you.

Opinions are great, but when you start saying YOU should do something instead of I would do this, it’s all gibberish at that point because I’m done listening.

Nobody is making anyone go to a race or watch a free show in the internet.

If all I had to do was complain about stuff like that I’d just swallow a bullet and do society a favor.