Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

People will think I am biased but I enjoyed pot roast, new potatoes, mac and cheese and green beans for lunch on Saturday. They also had sausage and peppers, fried chicken, bbq chicken, hamburger steak, pork chops, collards, cabbage, corn, rice and field peas that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    People will think I am biased but I enjoyed pot roast, new potatoes, mac and cheese and green beans for lunch on Saturday. They also had sausage and peppers, fried chicken, bbq chicken, hamburger steak, pork chops, collards, cabbage, corn, rice and field peas that I saw.
    Big menu for a dirt track. I guess I heard right 👍

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    there was a bunch of it flowing down I65 as well.....
    You both misspelled I-75. Well up here this is how we did it..... Cool, go back.

Ill say it like this.....I dont believe most tracks are too scientific about their track prep. Coming from a 25 year agronomic background, it takes a fair amount of note taking and recording temps and humidity, to develop a good game plan for watering the track! Its simple math......it takes 467 gallons per 1000sf to equal 3/4" of water! Take that into consideration as well as a temp and humidity history and you could remove 90% of the guessing!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Ill say it like this.....I dont believe most tracks are too scientific about their track prep. Coming from a 25 year agronomic background, it takes a fair amount of note taking and recording temps and humidity, to develop a good game plan for watering the track! Its simple math......it takes 467 gallons per 1000sf to equal 3/4" of water! Take that into consideration as well as a temp and humidity history and you could remove 90% of the guessing!
    That could only come from you as you have all the answers ther genius. J S.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    That could only come from you as you have all the answers ther genius. J S.
    Nope, its just a little science and common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    That's what is so cool about it......every track in America has hamburgers , hotdogs and chicken fingers..
    Screven has food you would expect to find at an old school country diner....and at very reasonable prices.

We love going down there for the racing....the food ( when we aren't cooking ourselves) is always a bonus......and the staff is always friendly, always.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    You both misspelled I-75. Well up here this is how we did it..... Cool, go back.
    Up here ? i dont know what you mean , i am in central alabama , just a little south west of where you are , where do you expect me to go back to ? as for the spelling , i did not know i was being critiqued by you , but what ever,,,,,,,,BTW , i didnt mean I-75 , I meant what i wrote , I-65......

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Up here ? i dont know what you mean , i am in central alabama , just a little south west of where you are , where do you expect me to go back to ? as for the spelling , i did not know i was being critiqued by you , but what ever,,,,,,,,BTW , i didnt mean I-75 , I meant what i wrote , I-65......
    I guess you completely misunderstood what I wrote, but whatever. He said I-95 which goes through the Carolinas. You said I-65 which goes through Bama. I-75 goes through Georgia and all will take the this is how we did it up here crowd home. That comment was not aimed at you, but them.

Doesn’t matter one way or the other. Carry on.

i hear about all this special food .I did for years so we made a trip down there one speedweeks and coulddn't wait to try the food but when we got there All they had was just so so typical race track hot dogs hamburgers ....

10/4 BK , alls good my friend , just a bit confused , which i get that way a lot here lately , getting old i guess....lol....

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    i hear about all this special food .I did for years so we made a trip down there one speedweeks and coulddn't wait to try the food but when we got there All they had was just so so typical race track hot dogs hamburgers ....
    I can't recall ever going to Screven when they didn't have meat and 3. What year was this?