Thread: MB Customs

Default MB Customs

Anyone else notice how these cars have started to pick up steam with wins. Dillard, Robinson and now Feger last night. Not that the Mars' workmanship is unknown or that they have flown under the radar, but it is funny how certain chassis start to heat up throughout the season. Capital has had a successful season throughout the country as well. Nice to see other manufacturers have success in the world of Rockets & Longhorns.

Agree, great to see the equity emerge at times. Dillard is the one I've noticed, his consistency and stronger finishes have been noticeable. In the end though still would put my money on the Rocket camp, seems we’ve seen this act before and they most often elevate their game.
    I hate time trials.

The MB Customs cars, both late models and modifieds are quality race cars. They have customers for the mods all across the country and are consistently running up front in USMTS, USRA, and other series. They probably build and sell way more mods during a season than late models and they are very popular mod chassis.

Now up in the WISSOTA region the late models are big sellers and it is not out of the question see the brand represented by 2/3 of the field. I would suggest that someone who is interested should just go on the Mars Race Cars Facebook page sometime and look at the list of winners from week to week. They have an impressive customer list.

For sure it helps when more than just one or two of your customers runs in a national tour, just for the fact that information can get shared from the similar customers. That is where the volume of sales helps the big name brands but you're right in that Cade Dillard is bringing some notice.

It’s hard to beat this man and what he has built. I agree seeing some other builders do well adds to the sport. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHKP-qB9xc

Kent Robinson picked up a SummerNats win too.

I think the mb customs have been good for quite some time they just don't get alot of exposure. Jimmy is so busy building them and providing customer service that he doesent get to race like he used to. Robinson has been really good the last few years and dillard has had speed from day one.

Must be a pretty lucrative business for some of the builders.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Anyone else notice how these cars have started to pick up steam with wins. Dillard, Robinson and now Feger last night. Not that the Mars' workmanship is unknown or that they have flown under the radar, but it is funny how certain chassis start to heat up throughout the season. Capital has had a successful season throughout the country as well. Nice to see other manufacturers have success in the world of Rockets & Longhorns.
    They have been good for several years. Not many drivers have them on the national scene. That is why they have "flown under the radar".

"Must be a pretty lucrative business for some of the builders"

Obviously Rocket and Longhorn build quite a few new cars each year, but there must be enough business to keep the doors open at MB Customs, Black Diamond, Bloomquist, Barry Wright, Capital, Kryptonite, Lazer, Pierce,TNT, Stinger and countless others. Even Mastersbuilt and Warrior are hanging in there. I am sure there are builders, who manage to make a living, just catering to their local area. Just shows you how big Dirt Late Model racing really is in the United States. I think there are probably twice as many Modified chassis builders than DLM builders, but that is a conversation for another day.

There's probably 3-4 times more modified builder's than LM.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I think the mb customs have been good for quite some time they just don't get alot of exposure. Jimmy is so busy building them and providing customer service that he doesent get to race like he used to. Robinson has been really good the last few years and dillard has had speed from day one.
    Exactly, well said. It would be nice to see Ricky Weiss switch chassis and get into a MB Custom, I think between Dillard and Weiss that chassis could give Rocket 1 some better competition. Don't see good things with the Bloomquist chassis since Randy Sweet passed away and with Bloomquist' s other troubles. It must be hard for him to be just a lapped car at all these WoO races now.

Weiss runs decent at times. Does remind me though of how the “SBR has three teams running WOO in 2020 and will dominate” talk has gone by the wayside.
    I hate time trials.

Enjoy it while it lasts MB Customs! only a matter of time before rules get made to take away your advantage so that a certain team that owns half the series can catch back up.

I wonder if anyone has ever taken the time to see exactly how many Dirt Late Model & Modified chassis builders are still in business?

Might be a good place for Hudson Oneal to land.....house car driver@ MB Customs.

MB Customs is the chassis to have in Wissota country. Hard to find a track where half the field or over half are all MBs

Default MB Customs

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    They have been good for several years. Not many drivers have them on the national scene. That is why they have "flown under the radar".
    Rodney sanders picked up 20 wins in his mb modified in 2019.What more can you say about Rodney?" remarked Jimmy. "He's now a three-time USMTS Champion, he swept the USMTS regional championships, and he won the USMTS Hunt for the Casey's Cup in 2019. We're extremely proud to say his history-making run this season came behind the wheel of an MB Customs, as did his previous two championships.""In 2019, our clients made it to victory lane more than 450 times, topping last year's win total by more than 100," said Jimmy Mars. "We've been part of another year of double-digit championships, and drivers in MB Customs secured many major regional touring title in Mods and Late Models. It feels good to not only see them have so much success and be part of their winning program, but to also have their trust."
    Last edited by Mud; 07-24-2020 at 04:35 PM.