Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ADD
    11 - Gordy Gundaker
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

ADD
    Ricky Thornton Jr. per Matt Curl at FALS tonight.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Thinking about coming. I never sit in the general admission side anywhere I go. If I read that right, pit passes will only be available on Friday?

there is no reserved at this race. everything is general admission sit were you can. Get your ticket in advance as limit to 3000 an that's it. only 50% capacity. an space out for social distancing. if you don't get advance your taking a chance at showing up an not getting in.

Hoosier Dirt Shootout Update
    http://www.fairburyspeedway.com/news...hootout-update

Competitor Notes
    Super Late Models & UMP Modified drivers should read if they plan on coming.
    http://www.fairburyspeedway.com/prin...itor-Notes.pdf
    Nathan Stephens

Advanced tickets suck in dirt track racing. If you buy them and are traveling a long distance it sucks seeing an unfavorable forecast

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    there is no reserved at this race. everything is general admission sit were you can. Get your ticket in advance as limit to 3000 an that's it. only 50% capacity. an space out for social distancing. if you don't get advance your taking a chance at showing up an not getting in.
    Then why did they move the race from Fairbury? As I understand it, unless I missed something, Illinois allows 50% capacity as well. With the new bleachers in turns 3-4 at Fairbury have read capacity is now 7k.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Then why did they move the race from Fairbury? As I understand it, unless I missed something, Illinois allows 50% capacity as well. With the new bleachers in turns 3-4 at Fairbury have read capacity is now 7k.
    The race at Fairbury was sold out and would have amounted to more the 50% capacity. The track holds about 8,000 or so fans. The county health department would not allow the event to take place. Kokomo holds about 6,000 at full capacity and Indiana doesn't have the restrictions that Illinois does. Indiana is allowing 50% capacity which would be about 3,000 fans for the event at Kokomo. My understanding is Howard County (Kokomo area) allowed the event to take place with social distancing and folks bringing a face mask with them to use when your around others not included in your party / group (concession stand line, Bathroom line, Beer line, ect) .
    Nathan Stephens

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    I agree with your post. I don't really understand it either. You would think that maybe they could have ran the race@ FALS with maybe a reduced purse. Idk...

If it stayed at fairbury which 50% will you allow? when more than 75% were sold? Also he took a chance in Indiana because as of July 4th was to be full capacity then governor pushed it back til july 17th then pushed it back again. Not knowing governors decision before he scheduled it.

If they can’t get the place half full I would think this would be a money losing deal. I think they would have been better off doing like what they had done at i55 and having 2 complete shows each night. I can’t make it Friday but would have went Saturday for a full race.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    I agree with your post. I don't really understand it either. You would think that maybe they could have ran the race@ FALS with maybe a reduced purse. Idk...
    Hoosier Dirt Fan posted that the county would not allow the race at Fairbury. Guess that makes Curl's decision easier..... But as t4g2 mentioned when Curl made the deal with Kokomo Indiana allowed 100% capacity and has walked that back twice since! Like trying to read tea leaves for these poor promoters.

One thing we do know is the tax liability in Indiana will be less than in Illinois. Hopefully that helps Curl enough to at least break even.

Hats off to him for even running the race. Never been to Kokomo but have read it's a racy surface. Should be a fine couple days for the fan.

Matt Curl said he would only run the PDC if they allowed full capacity
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

So can fans not buy a pit pass for this event?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    So can fans not buy a pit pass for this event?
    According to what I have red there will only be so many pit passes allocated for the fans. If you want to ensure you have a seat in the stands buy a general admission ticket and go to the pit gate and pay the difference.. I would message Fairbury on their Facebook page for info on that.

Lets hope fans and teams don't blame the track and satff on this cluster F#@* and remember that most of the issues surrounding this event and many racing events across the U.S. revert back Covid-19 and crap surrounding the virus and $h!t it's caused.
    Nathan Stephens

I agree advance tickets suck but really don't have a option here. esp if your traveling a distance. if you don't get advance then your taking a big chance of showing up an it's sold out. Advance seats here gets you in 1 hour early to mark off your seat. then whatever seats are left is first come first serve. with circumstances as it is this year it's a tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Lets hope fans and teams don't blame the track and staff on this cluster F#@* -----

Nathan -

I agree, and the O’Conners are good people so hopefully no one takes it out on them or Curl.

I live fairly close to Kokomo and won’t be going, but it’s a win-win for everyone. I’m a pit pass attendee watcher, and can’t go on Friday, and then add in I have no guaranteed seat or pit pass on Saturday, so I’m out for logical reasons. And I’m not a fan of cluster F#@*’s either. No ones fault but the Rona. I’ve been to Kokomo many times before, and I’ve seen the WoO DLM’s at other places before too. I’ll let someone else take my spot buying a ticket, and hopefully they will enjoy the show, coming back to Kokomo in the future. Like I said, it’s a win-win for everyone. I’ll be watching it on DirtVision so that’s a plus too. My next try to go-to DLM race is the SN at Butler, if that doesn’t get canceled.

Here’s to hoping everyone has a great time at Kokomo, because I know the track prep will be outstanding. Back to FALS next year I hope.

On a side note; I wonder what the over-under odds are for a first time WoO DLM winner will be for Kokomo? That said knowing the track will not be all used up with multiple classes. I’ll say you’ll see a very good chance of someone that doesn’t win regularly, winning. We’ll see.

Prediction on car count for this race? I’m going to go with 45?

I’ll say 35-40... almost every lucas driver at I-80 said they were going home for a much needed break before Florence...