Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson oneal

Default Hudson oneal

He left wheatland today and will be dropping off the Lucas tour

He was set up to fail with this deal. In my opinion Hudson was not the right choice to bring MasterSbilt chassis back to DLM racing. They need a veteran that won’t make some of the mistakes I’ve seen him make on TV, like hit an infield tire last night.

I think they set their goals too high from the start. They probably should have started out running regionally their first season and go from there. Maybe even could have ran the Summer nationals deal instead.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 07-19-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I think they set their goals to high from the start. They probably should have started out running regionally they first season and go from there. Maybe even could have ran the Summer nationals deal instead.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Should have put dad in the car first and see what he could have made of it. Maybe Hudson hit most or all of the Summer Nationals races would have been a better fit or just hitting the bigger shows around the Midwest.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I think they set their goals to high from the start. They probably should have started out running regionally they first season and go from there. Maybe even could have ran the Summer nationals deal instead.
    Good thoughts. I believe you are correct.

If Mastersbilt wants to eastablish themselves on the national level again, they’re going to need somebody with a lot more talent and a crapload more money than Hudson O’Neal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

A shame really. Everyone knew going into this year that it would be a struggle to contend week in and week out. Let's be honest, the car is a dump truck and never really had pace all year. How much of that falls on Hudson's feedback I don't know, but its not like he's just up and forgot how to drive. The kid had 5 wins last year. Not too many touring guys can say that. I hope they get something figured out, the tour is better with drivers like Hudson on it.
    Last edited by Just The Tip; 07-19-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Should've done regional and summernationals.

Hudson proved his talent long before he got into this experimental ride. Sometimes the problem is the Joe’s and sometimes the problem is the X’s and O’s. In this situation, IMO, it’s definitely the X’s and O’s. And I totally agree with Hoosier_Dirt. A regional/Summernationals type schedule would’ve most likely produced better results, and surely a better overall mood for the team. I’m sure they just wanted to get the brand out there nationally and figured things would go at least somewhat better than they have.

Hudson is not a driver that is going to bring a chassis back to recognition. They should have run tracks Hudson was good at and had a good feeling for the track. Be it WoO, Lucas or regional. Dropping off tour but is he still in the ride ? I said when this deal was first announced it was a bad move. To make Mastersbuilt great again they need someone with deep pockets, a top crew chief, tader's knowledge, and a driver that understands what the car feels through the seat of his pants. Shame it has happened but not surprised at all. Does his dad get behind the wheel ?

He should focus on a couple of races closer to home in the next couple of weeks. Makes sense. Saw the writing on the wall.

Try and get everything sorted out

7/25 Florence Speedway (2,000 to win)
    8/1 Brownstown Speedway (2,500 to win)
    8/8 Brownstown Speedway (10,000 to win)
    8/12 Florence Speedway (12,000 to win)
    8/13 Florence Speedway (10,000 to win)
    8/14 | 8/15 Florence Speedway (50,000 to win)
    Last edited by Dirt Reynolds; 07-20-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Y'all act like he was running like Hummer. He's been mid pack to fast the last month or more.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

shouldve ran regional with him and don as team mates. they have improved alot the last month

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Y'all act like he was running like Hummer. He's been mid pack to fast the last month or more.
    Agreed their not complete junk but they are running bad enough to not stay in tour. The numbers just don't add up financially. Hopefully this will afford them the opportunity to test and get things where they need to be. I personally don't think Don is any better in the feed back department. I think both of them are the kind of drivers that go out and make somthing happen with whatever they've got under them good or bad. I think at this point the hudsons need masterbilt as much as masterbilt needs the hudsons

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Mid pack doesn’t pay the bills.

3 or 4 wins a season don’t even pay the bills much less mid pack. Hate to see it, nice kid.
    I hate time trials.

The only thing that pays the bills is winning. Most are racing on someone else's money.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

What was the deal with his SSI ride? I thought he left because they wanted out of racing? Now they have been running a full schedule with RTJ. It always seemed like a good fit. Did they not get along behind the scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    What was the deal with his SSI ride? I thought he left because they wanted out of racing? Now they have been running a full schedule with RTJ. It always seemed like a good fit. Did they not get along behind the scenes?
    There not running anywhere near a full schedule. There also working on building a new chassis

They also parted ways
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 07-20-2020 at 03:10 PM.