Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Portsmouth Raceway Park closed until further notice.

Normally wouldn’t post something like this but with big the closing of PRP due to covid, it has big implications on the rest of the DLM season. PRP always has a Lucas date during Labor Day and then of course the DTWC.

These tracks really need to stop giving in to these tyrannical dictators. The more racetracks and businesses give in to them the more powerful they become. The Constitution states that we are a free people. The tracks need to stop listening to the state governments and stay open. Leave it up to the people if they want to go racing or not. If everybody starts ignoring the government the less powerful they will become.

Good idea. Until they pull license's and insurance coverage. Then your really f'cked.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

rumor is the whole state of ohio is going back to step 1 of the process
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Gear Head----Just think where we'd be if this guy was in a position of responsibility!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Good idea. Until they pull license's and insurance coverage. Then your really f'cked.
    They're not allowed to do that. It's not against any law to operate your business. And laws have to be passed by the legislature.

well they all have health inspection , most have beer sales license , fire code inspections , so if you take away the right to sell food and beer , and fire code insues , how profitabe is it to run a track ,

Sorry to hear this but completely understand any state does not want to turn into the next Florida or Texas . Jackson Motorplex in MN has suspended the season as well: http://www.jacksonmotorplex.com/news/?i=85173

I understand some favor their 25 yr old "news" show and 5 yr old blog sites, over 170 yr institutions and 75-100-125 yr old newspapers that peddle "fake news", that tell them they can't make you do anything cuz the constitution! Well, according to the constitution they indeed can.

This from 170 yr old "fake news" Reuters, that reported on the Civil War in real time, gives you a short read why: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN22N25S
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 07-20-2020 at 01:02 PM.

The Jacksonville closing surprised me, other tracks in Minnesota are still active.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by beeker3333 View Post
    well they all have health inspection , most have beer sales license , fire code inspections , so if you take away the right to sell food and beer , and fire code insues , how profitabe is it to run a track ,
    How are beer sales and fire codes in any way related to the virus? They need a valid reason to take away any of those licenses. An illness is not a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Sorry to hear this but completely understand any state does not want to turn into the next Florida or Texas .
    What people don't understand is of course there will be more "cases" in California, Florida and Texas. Why? Because they are the top 3 most populated states and they are testing way more people. The numbers in FL technically aren't correct. I believe they are way lower because it was uncovered last week that many testing labs aren't counting negative tests to offset the numbers and percentages.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.loc...outputType=amp

(It's still all political left and media driven)
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 07-20-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Sorry to hear this but completely understand any state does not want to turn into the next Florida or Texas . Jackson Motorplex in MN has suspended the season as well: http://www.jacksonmotorplex.com/news/?i=85173

I understand some favor their 25 yr old "news" show and 5 yr old blog sites, over 170 yr institutions and 75-100-125 yr old newspapers that peddle "fake news", that tell them they can't make you do anything cuz the constitution! Well, according to the constitution they indeed can.

This from 170 yr old "fake news" Reuters, that reported on the Civil War in real time, gives you a short read why: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN22N25S
    Did you read any of these state statute summaries? I can't find shutting down business or confining people in the Pennsylvania summary. There wasn't one listed for my state.

It's true it is up to governor action, not the federal government. However, governors do not have absolute power to do as they wish.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Gear Head

Why don’t you go to New York, Washington, D.C., Washington State, Chicago or some other place besides 4m and do your antic protesting! You would be welcome there with all the other radical protestors that are rioting, looting and burning! I hope Eldora gates are secure because you would probably go there and destroy Earl & Bernice’s statues Tony had made. You are not only a disgrace 4m -you are a disgrace to the human race.
    Ruby Ridge or Waco, Texas would fit you well!

Have a nice day! 😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Did you read any of these state statute summaries? I can't find shutting down business or confining people in the Pennsylvania summary. There wasn't one listed for my state.

It's true it is up to governor action, not the federal government. However, governors do not have absolute power to do as they wish.
    When the question came up in April can governors shut down businesses, schools and churches I did some research and easily found they could, but churches isn't cut and dried. I deleted those bookmarks and simply googled it again and posted the Reuters piece on it and yes I did click a couple links and was sorry to see the Lawfare link is dead. ......... It's not often I go there but they are linked or quoted in some articles I've read so I've been there and trust the site totally.

And a couple simply send you to the site but not to where they speak on the issue. Some links though give the info you're looking for.

I just wanted to post for anyone curious enough to see for themselves that indeed a governor has a lot of power and can shut businesses down. But of course they don't have absolute power as you mention. In theory no one person does to date in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    How are beer sales and fire codes in any way related to the virus? They need a valid reason to take away any of those licenses. An illness is not a valid reason.
    Stop playing dumb.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

What people don't understand is of course there will be more "cases" in California, Florida and Texas. Why? Because they are the top 3 most populated states and they are testing way more people. The numbers in FL technically aren't correct. I believe they are way lower because it was uncovered last week that many testing labs aren't counting negative tests to offset the numbers and percentages.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.loc...outputType=amp

(It's still all political left and media driven)
    Dude, I am not at 4m.net of all places in this galaxy to discuss science, cultural geography and especially politics. Ever. I posted I understand DeWine's actions and a link for those who don't think 170 yr old Reuters is fake news that a governor under the US constitution can put restrictions on, regulate or shut a business down.

Nothing more nothing less.

Your not here but your here anyway. Ok...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Violating State health codes and guidelines are plenty reason enough. One might not agree that this is not really a health concern but the narrative is out there that it is. You can of course have your day in court to fight it but it's going to cost you a lot of money and likely weeks, months, or even years before it'd go to trial. Most tracks are not going to have the resources to fight that kind of fight.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Violating State health codes and guidelines are plenty reason enough. One might not agree that this is not really a health concern but the narrative is out there that it is. You can of course have your day in court to fight it but it's going to cost you a lot of money and likely weeks, months, or even years before it'd go to trial. Most tracks are not going to have the resources to fight that kind of fight.
    That's that problem...the liberals create these fake narratives to advance their agenda and people follow them like sheep. If people want their freedoms back they're eventually going to have to fight for them again like they did in 1776.

Your not here but your here anyway. Ok...
    It's very very hard to win an argument with a smart person but impossible to win one with a stupid one. Now go get your shine box.
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 07-20-2020 at 02:39 PM.