Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thinking of some places the DTWC could relocate to.

Lawrenceburg
    Tyler County possibly
    Florence

Any other tracks in Indiana/Georgia/Tennessee that would be big enough for this type of an event?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Imcryn2, I can't quote but......counties decide who gets how many available hours of operation etc but once have one you pay $ yearly and it's yours. Yes your correct they can get (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty and pull it but tracks could have outside vendors. So Joe- beer brings his truck and track makes deal 50 cents per beer or $1000 for night setup fee. Food can work same. There's ways around things legally that they don't wanna mess with cause in end could hurt their town festivals or county fairs etc
    Unfortunately it's only yours as long as you play by their rules. Joe-beer can bring his truck and sell beer, but he has to have that pesky license to do so, unless of course you're going to ignore the laws altogether which opens the door for the government to really cram it up your back side. lol Food trucks also have to be licensed, so you would need to ignore laws to do that also. Any time we allow the government to sell us privileges we are just allowing them to control us, at this point we are pretty much at their mercy if we want to do things legally.
    I've attended events where the health department and the county have given the ok and all was good, but that's the key, getting their ok.

There's always the option of allowing fans to bring in their own food and booze for an additional fee, but I'm certain if they were dead set on you not holding the event you'd play he77 getting food and liquor licenses when things were allowed to open back up.

Not arguing with you, I just don't think there's a way to do it legally without the county's approval.

Would alcohol sales in the stands be a factor as well? Tennessee is in the Bible Belt!
    I am sure Carl wants to remain at Portsmouth- seems to be working for all parties involved. Seating/parking/camping & fan turnout.
    If Portsmouth can’t hold it this year- with timing being an issue at whatever date a decision is made- if Carl does decide to hold the DTWC at another venue- it’s seems that Florence ( if Kentucky is open) would be the logical choice. Reasons being- short notice preparation like a couple weeks ago for the Lucas doubleheader. They have all the needed facilities.
    Just a note: I am not pro/con for if it’s moved from Portsmouth to go to Florence: just thinking that a last minute decision will probably be made which would lead into a short planning period for an alternate track. Florence has proved that can provide that.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the DTWC at Portsmouth & the North/South at Florence -as I have my usual reserved 4 seats for both. 🏁🏁

How about sending the DTWC to West Plains?
    Everyone seems to like that place.
    Just an idea.

West Plains certainly has the facilities- but we have to remember -last minute decisions will have to be made concerning Portsmouth at the time & then if/where it is relocated to if Portsmouth can’t happen.
    Also into the factors: It requires a partnership with Carl Short & alternate facility-both need to make money. Central location for fans/teams has to be considered. Especially for fans- motel/lodging- quick decisions and they need to be in a decent driving distance. It would be great to see West Plains back on the map for a big race -just not sure if the turnout would be great on short notice planning. When we were going to the Show-Me there we stayed in Mamouth Springs, Arkansas.

Another factor: If Portsmouth cannot host the DRWC: Where does Lucas Oil have their season ending grand finale-be it DTWC or something else???

Default Dtwc

This race is owned by Carl Short. It will be his decision as to where it will go. Hopefully, it will be sanctioned By Lucas but it is not a sure thing.

Remember this race has a tv deal also. I have no clue what the track gets but I'm dang sure Carl short wants to keep that

True & true- Carl Short is in charge of the DRWC name/race. Not to say Lucas or anybody else could have a big race that weekend- but without Carl Short’s involvement it cannot be called DTWC.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    This race is owned by Carl Short. It will be his decision as to where it will go. Hopefully, it will be sanctioned By Lucas but it is not a sure thing.
    Would be kind of cool to see it unsanctioned. But I understand you would be taking the risk of Lucas running on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    These tracks really need to stop giving in to these tyrannical dictators. The more racetracks and businesses give in to them the more powerful they become. The Constitution states that we are a free people. The tracks need to stop listening to the state governments and stay open. Leave it up to the people if they want to go racing or not. If everybody starts ignoring the government the less powerful they will become.
    You really can't be this way in real life???? Living in this country provides us with certain rights, maybe you should read up on what those are and are other than ypur freedom of speech. The problem extends well past a race track and the very few who make their living in this industry.

These tracks really need to stop giving in to these tyrannical dictators. The more racetracks and businesses give in to them the more powerful they become. The Constitution states that we are a free people. The tracks need to stop listening to the state governments and stay open. Leave it up to the people if they want to go racing or not. If everybody starts ignoring the government the less powerful they will become.

One track did and now it is shut down by a court order.

Lernerville is running the $25k tonight for WoO. Says face masks are required to enter.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I don't believe the medical field can prove the masks (muzzles) does one thing to control rona, and it has been proven masks restricts air in and out common sense !

Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    You really can't be this way in real life???? Living in this country provides us with certain rights, maybe you should read up on what those are and are other than ypur freedom of speech. The problem extends well past a race track and the very few who make their living in this industry.
    By "be that way in real life" you mean appreciative of the Constitution freedoms that people have fought and died for? Yeah, I am appreciative of those freedoms and it's sad that you aren't. According to the science this is no longer a pandemic and it's all a political ploy to take away our freedoms and you should be concerned by that. Why do you think Dems keep talking about the "New World Order"? And this nation wide "coin shortage" is a sham too. They want people to pay electronically so they can be tracked.

Every time Gearhead post gets just continues to show his ignorance!
    This guy really is a “lost ball in high weeds.”

People have been paying electronically for years. You think now they are just being tracked? Lmao
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

By "be that way in real life" you mean appreciative of the Constitution freedoms that people have fought and died for? Yeah, I am appreciative of those freedoms and it's sad that you aren't. According to the science this is no longer a pandemic and it's all a political ploy to take away our freedoms and you should be concerned by that. Why do you think Dems keep talking about the "New World Order"? And this nation wide "coin shortage" is a sham too. They want people to pay electronically so they can be tracked.
    LMAO. You don't think they can't already track you? You have a cell phone right? If you have a smart phone, they can track your location always, facial recognition, finger print, you enter all sorts of data into your phone everyday, for goodness sake, some people even enter their food intake on exercising apps. It knows everything about you.

Pennsboro

He thinks he is exempt from all rules/regulations the rest of us live by! Like I said yesterday- since he is on a racing forum he just “might” be a race fan? Not sure but he could just be a lost soul without a cause like all the other protesters. I still say Tony Stewart/Toger Slack should put Earl & Bernice’s statue in a very safe place and away from Gearhead!

No I think he meant clueless as to how a business is ran and must adhere to the law.

I think it's really Blackie under another name