Default Mastersbilt Setup Sheets 2006 5010

Hi, I've been outta the game since 2012 and I know a lot has changed. Buddy of mine bought a 06 Smackdown. I think it's a 5010 as first digit is 0...01105WZ. Not sure what the WZ stands for...maybe Wissota? It's a 2x2 sq main rail car. Right rail doesn't look to be raised. Years ago when I got my 04, I got about 10 sheets of baseline setup stuff with it. I don't have it anymore, wondering if anyone would have some older sheets laying around I could get a copy of? I know lots has changed, and prolly not much off them sheets are used anymore, but I'd like to get the basic front end settings, maybe 4 link lengths and hole starting spots. I found a few setting listed in various discussions, but would still be nice to have the sheets if anyone has some. Thx.

Google...I found some for my old wide combo and my 2003 smack. But very little applies today
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Pretty sure I still have a copy of the 5010 for my old 2005 Square Smack car. I know for a fact I have the updated S7 sheets.

Thanks guys...TheJet-09 ended up sending me a copy...This car is a square tube, W car, wissota I'd guess...the sheets are for a round tube car...any idea if there are any differences on the setup because of this? Thx

I don't know concretely, but I believe the Wissota cars either had a longer wheelbase or more engine set-back (I never owned one though). I don't believe anything else would change based on the frame rails, at least as for pick-up points, etc.

I have one of the wissota cars I'm getting together. Its a 08 I'm told, round tube 01370W. The engine is set back more. My son has a 08 square tube and I have to use a shorter drive shaft than his car. I have measured a few things between the cars and the rails and mounting points seem to be alike. I was also told the std. smackdown sheets won't work but after getting the percentages and everything set it looks like things are going to be very close to the sheets.

I can't say this is 100% correct as I'm not a masters guy

I was told the W car just has the upper control arms moved forward 3/4" or 1" (forgot now) to make the wheel base come out right. WDRL used to be one of the few series that checked wheel base and all the masters where short 3/4" and to pass tech you had to lengthen the bars 3/4". The cars didn't work as well this way. The reason I know this is a guy had me make new upper cross shafts that moved the A arm forward instead of lengthening the rear bars. I was told that is what the W car was, Now whether they also moved the lowers and rack forward or just pulled the lowers forward to get the caster correct, that I'm not sure about.

That is what I was told, again not 100% sure that is accurate for all the W cars or they just did that for a while and moved more stuff.

It was actually kind of funny watching every masters car have to go thru tech 2 or 3 times, unless they had dealt with it before but it was like clockwork.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 07-24-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    I can't say this is 100% correct as I'm not a masters guy

I was told the W car just has the upper control arms moved forward 3/4" or 1" (forgot now) to make the wheel base come out right. WDRL used to be one of the few series that checked wheel base and all the masters where short 3/4" and to pass tech you had to lengthen the bars 3/4". The cars didn't work as well this way. The reason I know this is a guy had me make new upper cross shafts that moved the A arm forward instead of lengthening the rear bars. I was told that is what the W car was, Now whether they also moved the lowers and rack forward or just pulled the lowers forward to get the caster correct, that I'm not sure about.

That is what I was told, again not 100% sure that is accurate for all the W cars or they just did that for a while and moved more stuff.

It was actually kind of funny watching every masters car have to go thru tech 2 or 3 times, unless they had dealt with it before but it was like clockwork.
    I've been in that tech hell before.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Try getting ahold of Pat Doar, he was the man in those cars