Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2020 world 100 change of venue?

Does anyone think, just to get the show in, they could change where it’s raced for this year? I know there is ton of nostalgia and the racing is typically awesome at eldora, but with Ohio’s restrictions it doesn’t seem like it is going to happen. Just wondering. If so what could be possible options? Thanks.

That is not going to happen!
    World 100 will never be held anywhere other than Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio.
    If I am wrong- shoot me right between the eyes with a 38 special!
    My opionion is just my own tho.

I highly doubt you'll see Tony pull that race from eldora. It's about prestige in winning that trophy, it's about the drivers you beat in that race, and it's about winning a race at the house that earl built. The monies not bad either but it's either spent or in the bank. The memories, they last a life time.

There's a better chance you winning the powerball. The World 100 will NEVER leave Eldora.

Race tracks spend lots of money and many years building the status of marquee events. Not likely to delegate that to another facility. Someone that is in the know please help me. As recently as within the last 10 days Sharon and Portsmouth ran sprint events that looked to be well attended. What has changed that quickly?
    I hate time trials.

Pennsboro, when it reaches 400 million again I'll win it and I no you live close. So you can manage it cause I'll buy it.

sharon got shut down by dept of health , at least for this past saturday

https://www.sharonspeedway.com/2020/...july-18-event/

still waiting for an update about moving forward
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Pennsboro, when it reaches 400 million again I'll win it and I no you live close. So you can manage it cause I'll buy it.
    I'm all in!

It the World 100 does get cancelled. I'd love someone to run a World 50 or a World 75 nearby.

The World 100 isn't going anywhere and Eldora will probably do another PPV for that weekend. They don't want anybody else taking their weekends or races.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    The World 100 isn't going anywhere and Eldora will probably do another PPV for that weekend. They don't want anybody else taking their weekends or races.
    This...

I also think there will be another live streamed race that weekend from Eldora.

They didn't do a Stream event for the Kings Royal, so maybe the Dream weekend didn't generate enough revenue?

I think they should do an invite-only World 100 at Albany Motorspeedway (GA). DoD voters choose the field by expanding the top 25 vote to 48.
    12" spoilers
    No roofs.
    Rf spring rate must exceed 301.254# at every 1" of travel from ride height to 3" of compression.
    Bump stop on rf only. Must not break during race and must be purchased from RE suspension.
    Droop travel measured after race with driver in car and one crewman allowed to sit anywhere on car. Jack car up under seat until LR tire is 1.125" off ground. Measure spoiler 2.255" from left quarter panel. Height can't exceed 50.0125 inches at that point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    They didn't do a Stream event for the Kings Royal, so maybe the Dream weekend didn't generate enough revenue?
    Outlaws probably weren't willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think they should do an invite-only World 100 at Albany Motorspeedway (GA). DoD voters choose the field by expanding the top 25 vote to 48.
    12" spoilers
    No roofs.
    Rf spring rate must exceed 301.254# at every 1" of travel from ride height to 3" of compression.
    Bump stop on rf only. Must not break during race and must be purchased from RE suspension.
    Droop travel measured after race with driver in car and one crewman allowed to sit anywhere on car. Jack car up under seat until LR tire is 1.125" off ground. Measure spoiler 2.255" from left quarter panel. Height can't exceed 50.0125 inches at that point.

Wedge nose and plexiglass sideboards legal?

The WWW 50 (world wide web) will be held in place of the World 100 - viewing only available online. Just my best guess.

Don't see this happening. It'd be like running the Indy 500 or Dayton 500 somewhere other then Indy or Daytona. I'll even throw in the Coca-Cola 600 or Southern 500 for races that don't have the track name in it to better compare.

IMO, it either happens with 100% attendance, or not at all. My money is on the latter happening. You can't have the 50th with limited attendance. It ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE the biggest night EVER for DLM racing.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Wedge nose and plexiglass sideboards legal?
    I don't see why not.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

according to there web site ,most all the other big races down to the world add have been postponed to 2021 , the world is pending as of right now but dont look hopeful , there will be no refunds and your camp site and tickets will be good when they do decide to run it .....