FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 21, 2020

Brandon Overton Sweeps Southern Nationals Georgia Swing
Miniseries Wraps Up in North Carolina and Tennessee

EVANS, Ga. (07/21/20) – Brandon Overton used past experience to his advantage, notching four-straight Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals Series wins over the weekend as the tour made it’s swing through Georgia.

Driving the Wells Motorsports No. 76 Crossfit Overton/ Allstar Concrete/ Longhorn Chassis by Wells/ Clements Racing Engine-powered Super Late Model, Overton became the first driver in history to ever win four events in row on the tour.

Starting the home-state swing at Senoia (Ga.) Raceway, Overton set the bar in time trials with a 12.684 second lap. Rolling off on the pole for the feature, Brandon dropped back to third on the initial green flag as fellow front-row starter Chris Madden set the pace.

Closing in on Madden late, Overton took advantage of the leader’s mistake on lap 31 to capture his 11th win of the season and a $3,500 payday. Madden, Steven Roberts, Michael Page, and Joseph Joiner trailed him to the checkers in the 35-lap affair.

“That right there was fun,” said Overton. “Once I got by Mark for second, I was just trying to ride and figure out where I could make time on Chris and was waiting until we got to some traffic to make a move.”

For the sixth round of the 12-race miniseries, Overton was one of 27 cars on hand at Needmore Speedway (Norman Park, Ga.) on Friday afternoon. Charging to a 10-lap heat race victory over John Henderson, Brandon locked into the third-starting position for the A-Main.

Overtaking Donald McIntosh amid lapped-traffic on lap 37, Overton led the remainder of the 53-lapper to record his 12th win of the season over McIntosh, John Baker, Michael Page, and Pearson Lee Williams. He earned a $10,053 payday for the triumph.

Stuck behind McIntosh in the track’s low groove as the laps counted down, Overton was waiting for the leaders to reach traffic that would slow McIntosh enough to allow him to make a move to the outside. “I’ve made a lot of laps around this place in a Crate car and other stuff, so I kind of knew that I could pull it off,” said Overton. “I had moved up there and felt it earlier in the race and I knew it was there. I was just waiting. I knew as soon as we’d get to the first lapped car, I was gonna blast it.”

On Saturday night at Screven Motor Speedway (Sylvania, Ga.), Brandon timed in third fastest in his group before picking up a 10-lap heat race win. Leading flag-to-flag in the 53-lap feature, Overton strolled to the $10,053 top prize. He topped Mark Whitener, Ross Bailes, Chris Madden, and Cla Knight at the line.

“I’m just down here doing my thing,” Overton said of his home-state win streak. “I grew up racing down here, so I guess I’m just more relaxed at these tracks. I do better when I more relaxed.”

Closing out the weekend, Overton was one of 21 cars on hand at Cochran (Ga.) Motor Speedway on Sunday. Scoring the second fastest time in his group behind Ross Bailes, Brandon locked into the third-starting position for the main event.

Jumping ahead of Bailes and Madden for the lead following a caution on the fourth lap, Overton soared to his fourth win in as many nights over Madden, Bailes, Michael Page, and John Baker. Tallying his 14th win of the season, Brandon collected a $3,500 payday.

“I rode around for a little bit just trying to move around and see what I had to work with,” Overton said of the race's opening laps. “I had already hit the bottom down there in one and two and it felt really good. When (Madden) chose the outside (for the restart), I knew I could probably get a good run.

“My car’s just been good. We’ve had no distractions. Nothing’s been breaking and we haven’t tore anything up. We’ve been able to just focus on making our car go fast."

Overton has taken the lead in the Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals points chase. The tour concludes this week with stops at Tri-County Raceway Track (Brasstown, N.C.) on Tuesday, Crossville (Tenn.) Speedway on Thursday, and 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tenn.) on Friday. The miniseries finale will take place on Saturday at Tazewell (Tenn.) Speedway.

To learn more about these events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com.

Brandon Overton would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Crossfit Overton, Wells Motorsports, Allstar Concrete, Longhorn Chassis by Wells, Big Dog Stump and Tree, RW Powell Construction, Convenient Lube, Big Blue Smoke House, Doug Campbell Body Shop, Clements Racing Engines, Penske Shocks, Hoosier by Brian, Top Notch Kustom Koncepts, Steering Buddy, Impact Race Gear, Swift Springs, Penn Grade Oil, Quarter Master, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Wilwood, All-Star Performance, Wehrs Machine, Schoenfeld, Winters Performance, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sunoco Race Fuels, Fast Shafts, AFCO Racing Products, COMP Cams, Quickcar Products, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information concerning Brandon Overton, please visit www.BrandonOverton76.com. To learn more about Wells Motorsports, visit www.WellsAndSonsMotorsports.com.