Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iowa Speedway

By all means don't shed any tears over this, but try just a teeny bit harder not to be a fool.

Too late!

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I never once hoped that Iowa Speedway would get torn down. I just said I won't be sad to see it go. I wouldn't spend any of my money to go see another race there
    Talk out of both sides of your mouth much?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    By all means don't shed any tears over this, but try just a teeny bit harder not to be a fool.

Too late!
    ZERO, it not only looks like it's too late, but it's WAY too late.

Late to the party, but really hoping Iowa is saved. My boys have started going racing with me and one of them does not care for dirt racing. Iowa Speedway is a reasonable drive and took them took Xfinity and trucks... they loved it! I've been to a couple IndyCar races there and I hope to take the boys one day for that experience as well. We will continue to hit local tracks, as well as Knoxville and Road America, but I hope to keep Iowa Speedway on this list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Talk out of both sides of your mouth much?
    There's a pretty big difference between wanting a place torn down and not caring if it's gone.

I don’t know people but one thing is true. Iowa speedway isn’t good enough to even have a discussion thread concerning its existence.

There's a pretty big difference between wanting a place torn down and not caring if it's gone.
    It's been proven many times that the degree of separation between indifference and hope is most often small enough as to be nearly indistinguishable.

If indifference/hope, take your pick, is based upon 2 or 3 experiences where expectations, realistic or otherwise, weren't met when there is ample proof that was not always the case is somewhat shortsighted. Shortsightedness is one of the main criteria of a fool. Something regarding if a shoe fits immediately comes to mind.

It's obvious in this case that a fool is incapable of comprehending the fact that to stop descending deeper into a fools hole the fool first must stop digging!

It's been proven many times that the degree of separation between indifference and hope is most often small enough as to be nearly indistinguishable.

If indifference/hope, take your pick, is based upon 2 or 3 experiences where expectations, realistic or otherwise, weren't met when there is ample proof that was not always the case is somewhat shortsighted. Shortsightedness is one of the main criteria of a fool. Something regarding if a shoe fits immediately comes to mind.

It's obvious in this case that a fool is incapable of comprehending the fact that to stop descending deeper into a fools hole the fool first must stop digging!
    It appears I've touched a nerve.

It's one thing to cheer on the fact that a poorly operated business, in this case a race track business, failed and went away. That could be seen as a proper response, a harsh one, but comprehensible, nonetheless. It's a whole other thing to wish for, and cheer that a racetrack facility should be razed and disposed of because you had the misfortune to attended a racing event that wasn't up to your lofty standards, whatever those are. Anyone who wishes for, and takes satisfaction in seeing a racetrack of any kind, of any form of racing be torn down and done away with isn't really a fan. You may call yourself a race fan but you're not. There's other words to describe those kinds of folks but we'll leave that to everyone's imagination.

I saw as many entertaining and exciting events at Iowa as I saw bad ones. If the division of cars isn't your particular cup of tea, or if the surface isn't to your liking that is understandable and in the eye of the beholder. But, to say a track isn't worthy of it's own existence because you experienced an event that was not to your liking is rather childish, don't you think?
    People like him like what they like, and don't care about anyone else but themselves.

Thus the 8 year supply of charmin in his moms basement.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Actually it appears you were touched .....by a guy that looks like your president....in a spot that you shouldn't have been.

Can you point at it on one of your Ken dolls?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If you wish to attempt to flatter yourself be my guest. The truth of the matter is you remind me of the little sister I never had! Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    People like him like what they like, and don't care about anyone else but themselves.

Thus the 8 year supply of charmin in his moms basement.
    LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Actually it appears you were touched .....by a guy that looks like your president....in a spot that you shouldn't have been.

Can you point at it on one of your Ken dolls?
    More LOLOL!!