FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2020

Hedgecoc k Rules Southern Nationals Stop at I-75 Raceway
Tennessee Tripleheader this Weekend

LOUDON, Tenn. (07/22/20) – Taking advantage of his wealth of experience at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater Tenn., Cory Hedgecoc k claimed Thursday’s Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals Series at the 3/8-mile oval.

Driving his E-Z-GO No. 23 Pace Performance/ Budget Transmissions/ Rocket Chassis/ Eagle Racing Engine Late Model to the win, Hedgecoc k earned a $3,500 payday.

Picking back up on Monday evening with the Schaeffer's Southern Nationals at Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tenn.), Cory Hedgecoc k posted the third fastest time in his qualifying group, which positioned him sixth on the starting grid for the $3,500-to-win A-Main.

Exchanging sliders with Brandon Overton late in the 35-lapper, Hedgecoc k scored a third place finish when the checkered flag flew, trailing Chris Madden and Overton across the line with Ross Bailes and Logan Roberson completing the Top-5 finishers.

On Tuesday afternoon at I-75 Raceway for the fourth stop of the tour, Hedgecoc k topped the 25-car field in time trials with a blistering 12.221 second lap.

Starting the feature in second, Cory slid ahead of polesitter Ross Bailes on the ninth lap and fended off a charging Chris Madden following a pair of late-race restarts to capture his sixth win of the season. Madden, Brandon Overton, Donald McIntosh, and Ryan King trailed him to the checkers in the 35-lap affair.

“I mean, top three last night (at Volunteer Speedway) and top three again tonight, with the same guys and everything, just a little bit of a different order,” Hedgecoc k said. “Running in front of these two guys, man I’m tickled to death. We’ve got this thing rolling.

“Man, I was just trying … we’ve made a lot of laps here, so I mean nine times out of 10 it’s protect the bottom and you can prevail. Man, I’m happy.”

Returning to action on Thursday, Hedgecoc k was one of 35 Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals entries on hand at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Ga.). Laying down the fourth fastest time in his qualifying group, Cory earned the eighth-starting position for the A-Main. With $3,500 on the line, Hedgecoc k fell one spot in the 35-lapper to place ninth.

For more results from these events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com.

Hedgecoc k returns to the Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals tour this weekend. He’ll enter the tours $3,500-to-win program on Thursday at Crossville (Tenn.) Speedway, followed by a $10,053-to-win event on Friday at 411 Motor Speedway in Seymour, Tenn. On Saturday, Hedgecoc k plans to compete with the Topless Outlaws Dirt Late Model Series at I-75 Raceway.

To learn more about these events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com and www.ToplessOutlaws.com.

Cory Hedgecoc k would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Pace Performance, Rocket Chassis, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Hidden View Lake, Budget Transmissions, VP Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Brucebilt Performance, Wiles Driveshafts, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgecoc k23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryHedgecoc k23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgecoc k23 often for the latest team updates.