FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2020

Chris Ferguson Wins Diamond Nationals Thriller
Pockets $12,000 in LOLMDS at Lucas Oil Speedway

MT. HOLLY, N.C. (07/22/20) – Chris Ferguson’s 900-mile journey to Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri over the weekend will be one he won’t soon forget.

Ferguson put his Diff-Tran Machining No. 22 K and K Trucking/ Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry Super Late Model in Victory Lane during Sunday night’s 14th Annual CMH Diamond Nationals presented by Super Clean.

Holding off the reigning Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series National Champion Jonathan Davenport in a thrilling race to the finish line, Ferguson claimed a $12,000 payday.

Ferguson; in Lucas Oil Victory Lane for the first time outside of his home state; was elated with his win. “Man, I can’t believe it. I am telling you God is great. I have so many people to thank. You know if it wasn’t for my sponsors, I wouldn’t even be here right now. This is something I’ve dreamed of for a long time, to come out here and win at a racetrack like this and do it like this. It’s just awesome. When Jonathan got by me, he slid way up in four and I was able to turn under him and beat him into turn one. We rubbed a little going down the backstretch, but it was just good hard racing. I wasn’t going to give up and fortunately we were able to beat him to the line.”

Kicking off the doubleheader, Chris Ferguson took to “The Dimond of Dirt Tracks” for the first time on Saturday. With 48 cars on hand for the 28th Annual Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com, Ferguson posted a second-place finish in his heat behind Payton Looney. His preliminary efforts positioned him fifth on the starting grid for the $20,000-to-win A-Main.

Ferguson battled inside the Top-5 for much of the 100-lap affair before notching a fourth-place finish behind Payton Looney, Kyle Strickler, and Shanon Buckingham. Ricky Thornton Jr. rounded out the Top-5 finishers.

On Sunday, Chris topped the speed charts in time trials before picking up a 10-lap heat race victory. Rolling off on the pole after a lengthy rain delay, Ferguson shot in the lead on the opening lap and led the first eight circuits until Billy Moyer snuck by.

Wrestling back the lead a lap later, Chris then grew a comfortable lead until Jonathan Davenport began closing in late. Davenport forged ahead on lap 42, but Ferguson was able to retain the top spot with a crossover move.

Holding off Davenport on the final circuit, Ferguson crossed the finish line just 0.086 seconds ahead Davenport for the win. Shane Clanton, Rick Eckert, and Shanon Buckingham completed the Top-5.

This weekend, the team will follow the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series even farther west, to I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb. The action gets underway on Thursday with The Dirt Track Bank Go 50, paying $12,000-to-win. Friday includes preliminary events for the 10th Annual Silver Dollar Nationals. The weekend culminates on Saturday with a $53,000-to-win finale.

For complete results, or to learn more about these events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com.

Chris Ferguson would like to thank all of his marketing partners, including Diff Tran Machining, K and K Trucking, Keith’s Handyman Services, The Racing Warehouse, Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry, Heckles Plumbing LLC, Carolina Roofing and Gutters, Little Mountain Farm, Troy Swindell Trucking, Carver and Sons Roofing, Dirt Trackin’ App, Western Clean Up Corporation, Rosewood Assisted Living, Beaux-Tie Limousine Service, Tom Bennington, Vinson Sims Construction, Xceldyne Technologies, Schaeffers Oil, Dynamic Custom Metal Works, On Point Polishing and Detailing, DirtCarLift.com, Fox Racing Shocks, Jerico Performance Products, RM Solutions, Peach State Truck Equipment, Team Zero Race Cars, Buzze Racing, Sweet Manufacturing, Big A's Custom Graphics, ASI Racewear, Hoosier Racing Tires by Bryan, Harkey Racing, Joes Racing Products, K&N Performance Filters, Fluidyne High Performance, Indocil Art , Frankland Rear-Ends, Bell Racing USA, Hypercoil Springs, Brinn Transmissions, Weld Racing, Go Lithium, Dynamic Drivelines, Outerwears Pre-Filters, ButlerBuilt Motorsports Equipment, All Star Performance, Motorstate, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems, VP Racing, Hooker Harness, Stock Car Steel and Aluminum Inc., SRI Supplies, SRI Performance, Clements Racing Engines, Waterman Racing Components, Pro Fabrication Headers, Performance Bodies, Tadpole Fabrication, NecksGen, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

Keep your browsers pointed to www.ChrisFerguson22.com for the latest team news and updates.