FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2020

Rodney Sanders Goes to Victory Lane at Deer Creek
Silver Dollar Nationals at I-80 Next

HAPPY, Tex. (07/22/20) – A last minute schedule change on Saturday resulted in Rodney Sanders notching his 13th win of the season.

Sanders put his Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs/ Hatfield Racing Engine Modified in Victory Lane at Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minn.

“I always love going to Deer Creek Speedway. It’s a fun track, and I’ve enjoyed a lot of success there,” Sanders said. I’m looking forward to getting back to I-80 Speedway for the Silver Dollar Nationals this weekend. Hopefully we can pick up another win at that place.”

Friday night saw Rodney Sanders make the trip to Mississippi Thunder Speedway in Fountain City, Wis. for the Karl Fenske Memorial. In a field of 28 USRA Modifieds, Sanders jumped up three spots in his heat race to register a fourth-place finish.

Passing five cars in the 39-lap feature, Rodney notched a runner-up finish behind Dustin Sorensen with Cory Crasper, Lucas Schott, and A.J. Diemel rounding out the Top-5.

After Mother Nature wiped out his original plans at Cedar Lake Speedway on Saturday, Rodney headed to Deer Creek Speedway. Clawing forward three spots in his heat to place third, Sanders locked into the pole position for the feature.

With fellow front-row starter Zack VanderBeek grabbing the lead on the initial green flag, Rodney faded back to third. After taking back second following a restart, Sanders slid ahead of VanderBeek for the lead on lap 16.

Leading the remaining distance, Rodney Sanders rolled to his 13th win of the season over VanderBeek, Brandon Davis, Jason Cummins, and Dustin Sorensen.

For more results from these events, please visit www.MississippiThunder.com and www.DeerCreekSpeedway.com.

This week the team invades I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb. on Friday and Saturday, July 24-25, for the 10th Annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals. The USMTS will have a complete program of qualifying heats and feature races both nights with each main event awarding $3,000 to the winner. Sanders has visited Victory Lane at the 4/10-mile speed plant on multiple occasions and is the defending event winner.

Rodney remains ahead of Dereck Ramirez in the latest USMTS National Championship point standings. For more results from these events, please visit www.USMTS.com.

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, ARMI Contractors, Mesilla Valley Transportation, S&S Fishing and Rental, Kenny’s Tile, MB Customs, Hatfield Race Engines, Hibner Logging, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Paulson Rock Products, Integra Shocks, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, CMD Race Shocks, Wehrs Machine, 87 Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, Allstar Performance, Speedway Motors, Schoenfeld Headers, JE Pistons, Walker Performance Filtration, Rodney Sanders Racing, Day Motorsports, Real Wheels, Palmer Painting, Deatherage Opticians, Wilwood Brakes, PEM Rearends, Winning Edge Carburetors, McCartney Welding, Simpson Race Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net.