Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Madden after Southern Nationals???

What have you heard about Smokey’s plans after this weekend? He has performed well in the xR1 as part of the Millwood team.

I've watched every So Nats race and Madden has been near flawless going toe to toe swapping wins with one of country's best in Overton. Indeed he's acclimated seamlessly to the Rocket and Millwood team. .......... I think he could run and do well on the WoO or Lucas tour.

But as I understand it he wanted to be close to home to be with his teenage boy when he left Team Zero. Haven't heard a thing but I'd guess he runs the Millwood car picking and choosing races in the Northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    I've watched every So Nats race and Madden has been near flawless going toe to toe swapping wins with one of country's best in Overton. Indeed he's acclimated seamlessly to the Rocket and Millwood team. .......... I think he could run and do well on the WoO or Lucas tour.

But as I understand it he wanted to be close to home to be with his teenage boy when he left Team Zero. Haven't heard a thing but I'd guess he runs the Millwood car picking and choosing races in the Northeast.
    Agree, he should just run regionally. But I think you mean southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Agree, he should just run regionally. But I think you mean southeast.
    Ooooops, yes the Southeast. ............. Still haven't decided which has the better more interesting field of cars/drivers, the Southern Nats or Summer Nats. Have seen the Midwest guys forever and maybe 10 deep I know the So Nats guys but I have been impressed with them.

Who is gonna share some new info on Madden’s plans?

According to a friend in the So. Nats series his plans are to stay close to home and race regionally and try his best to not miss any more of his sons ballgames, but i honestly dont believe that, thats just what i was told.

Rumor on the streets. He has 2 Rcoket's ordered. I know he has been offered a couple of rides.

I heard he was just going to pick and choose races close to the trailer park for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Overtonfan76 View Post
    Rumor on the streets. He has 2 Rcoket's ordered. I know he has been offered a couple of rides.
    If he ordered 2 rockets recently he might get them by October

At this point i think it's pretty well obvious that madden isn't capable of running a tour full time. He can't handle the long stretches from home aswell as the mental struggles that come from the highs and lows you can experience on the road. I don't fault the guy one bit for putting his family first but unfortunately to compete on a tour you have to be able to be away from your family for long periods of time without it affecting your ability to do your job. If you can't that's not a weakness but it is going to prevent you from being in contention on a national tour. Their are plenty of great drivers that have the raw talent and ability to sit in the seat but it takes far more than that to compete night in night out on a national level. For some it's sacrificing their families for others is finding a balance and having a support system at home that understands the dynamics of the situation.

The right car will come along and he'll be on the road again, for a little while.

He did finish 2nd and 3rd in WoO points in 2017 and 2018 so he’s capable of running a national tour. I just kind of put he and Marlar in the same category mentality wise. Sure they can run a tour and are uber talented, but when it becomes clear a championship is probably out of the picture the things you’re missing at home/work start weighing on you and the sacrifice becomes no longer worth it.

Would probably be my thinking as well if I were in their shoes.

B.K.
    You are right- the only difference is Madden races for a living-Marlar doesn’t!
    With Marlar & Ronnie Delk- seems they get bored or burned out or something- that deal is hard to figure out from month to month.

I'm still trying to figure out the Marlar deal. Why did they drive all the way out to Nebraska just to leave after night 1? Even if they were out to lunch on Thursday night.

No chance Madden stays in the Millwood car and picks and chooses races in the Southeast? Would also have to wonder how much he needs the money. That would probably dictate how much he does or doesn't race.

Even after a car and hauler were listed for sale.

Sounds like a Moyer Sr move...
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 07-29-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Pennsboro

We are probably not the only 2 wondering about that. Sometimes I think they don’t accept mediocrity or something. That team is kinda like Paul Harvey: “stay tuned for the rest of the story.”

I was interested to see Tony Jackson at Springfield, MO with a (regular) enclosed trailer, with the caption of the photo stating that Jackson took the trailer on a trade that Marlar had made for Jackson's toter and trailer. Don't really ever know if Marlar is coming or going...?

Well- I guess he must be back in business with a full toted rod again? Just a couple weeks ago- it was reported Delk had sold the rig and they were in a single car trailer. That team is definitely a Jeckel & Hyde. Don’t know if it’s Marlar or Delk or a combination of the two. Delk will change it up like most people change socks! But heck- it’s his money so he has that right.

That was some kind of trade. Enclosed trailer for a toter and trailer....
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event