Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Devin Moran Struggling

What are everyones thought on their struggles recently. He was the slowest car on the track at Wheatland Both nights last weekend. Only good run recently was at his home track>

Is it that the expectations are to high similar to BMJ?
    Is it he needs to try another Crew Chief and move on from Wiley?
    Is it he needs to be a regional racer before hitting a tour such as LODLMS?

Sucks to see him slide in the standings, but hopefully he can turn it around this weekend. He was fast at I-80 last year in his first ever visit so I'm hoping they can get their feet back under them.

I hope its not a resources issue. They were very good early in the year but have fallen off. I hope their budget is not the problem. Also I think a more veteran person on the crew to teach Wiley might help as well. Seems like Donnie would be great for that

Not sure about now- but earlier in the year it was just Wiley & Devin. Donnie is not on the payroll and the car is maintained at Twaurg’s (spelling) shop and not at The Moran family shop beside Donnie’s house.
    Don’t know about resources-but Every year it seems like Tye says 1 more year?

I'd start with a different shock package

Quote Originally Posted by Moranfan99 View Post
    I hope its not a resources issue. They were very good early in the year but have fallen off. I hope their budget is not the problem. Also I think a more veteran person on the crew to teach Wiley might help as well. Seems like Donnie would be great for that
    I remember early in the year they said they wanted another partner or two on board to be able to fund the whole season. Now that we're getting down the stretch I wonder if you could be spot-on with resources.

Quote Originally Posted by mod95 View Post
    I remember early in the year they said they wanted another partner or two on board to be able to fund the whole season. Now that we're getting down the stretch I wonder if you could be spot-on with resources.
    MOD95

That is what I was worried about. Definitely do not want to see them have to drop off the tour mid way through. Hopefully the will have a good weekend this week in Nebraska and start to turn things around

You have the early season races where the Temps are not as hot as the summer races. Tracks hold moisture in a lot more the first couple months. They seem to lose the handle when the tracks start to dry up faster. How old is Wylie ? Times have changed to much for donnie to be of help. What he drove in his day is a totally different animal today.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I'd start with a different shock package
    I'd be surprised to see that happen. He's pretty tight with Keith Berner and Accu Force.

Actually I think Devin will be fine. They all go through ups and downs.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by mod95 View Post
    Allen Murray started sponsoring them after Florida, and I don't think i would call Wylie a "crew cheif" Devin is the one setting up the car

It seems like Dohm and Overton have a pretty good grasp on the newer longhorn cars on the regional level. It seems the guys that are on the national tours with the newer longhorn cars are all struggling. Im claiming to know anything, but it just seems that way.

Did the 2018 PDC winner forget how to drive?

He just ran third in the heat At i80 and it honesty looks like he is down on power he looks alot like bloomquist And hudson And what i mean by that is he just has no speed. He seems to be lacking everywhere. He was heavily reliant on the cushion to maintain with the front two and he was still fading . He never Seemed ti make up ground anywhere just faded. Hopefully this is a horrible observation and they can get it turned around. One thing ti remember is he still realy new to Lucas. So he doesn't have many laps at alot of these tracks

Down on power, after he qualified 2nd in his group lol. If you look at someone that has that kind of operation and think “they’re lacking speed” then they’re spinning

Drop shock i didn't see qualifying so i don't know but the track can change a second or more sometimes during a set so a good draw could be the difference being second fast doesent always mean you have a big engine. Obviously he has a good engine and i doubt that's the problem but that is the way it appeared. Funding has been sighted as a possible issue in that camp so it's very likely that he could be running an engine that is tired and lapped out. As stated above i really hope it's a poor observation because i like devan and i want to see him do well

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'd be surprised to see that happen. He's pretty tight with Keith Berner and Accu Force.

Actually I think Devin will be fine. They all go through ups and downs.
    I know he's tight with Berner, I was meaning FOX

Funding? Doesn’t Moran = Oil company ?

Inexperience with lack of that crew chief knowledge is one probelm. Burning up the phone line and pit area to use anyone he can is not the way to set up a car on a national tour is another. The team is trying to play in the big league on a budget that isn't. This is why every chance Devan gets he is poor mouthing that they need money or more sponsorship. He drop many more places in points the point money from Lucas may not be enough to cover the losses for the long trips ahead to stay on out.

He's another I think needs to run regionally. He could win 10-15 races a year in the Mid Ohio Valley area. The selfish part of me would like to see him, Carpenter, and Zack Dohm compete for wins every week.