Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No dog in this argument.
    I like Devin.
    I can say this, though...
    Being a JD fan, I feel he is "struggling" this year, and he's second in Lucas points.
    Sometimes, it depends on your level of expectations to the degree someone may be considered as having a down year or struggling per say.

Longhorn as a whole is behind Rocket IMO

T-Mac has been in a 6 week free fall (finally parked their "test" car and went back to old faithful and was much better last night).

JD has been just ok, hasn't won in what seems like forever.

Moran hasn't been good in two months

Overton has been good but hasn't competed against the top level competition in sometime (skipped the Show-Me/Diamond Nationals weekend and Silver Dollar Nationals) Will he still have winning type speed once he returns to race the top level guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what this thread is about. Devin starts 3rd tonight at I80... Yeah struggling
    It’s not about where you start, it’s about where you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Longhorn as a whole is behind Rocket IMO

T-Mac has been in a 6 week free fall (finally parked their "test" car and went back to old faithful and was much better last night).

JD has been just ok, hasn't won in what seems like forever.

Moran hasn't been good in two months

Overton has been good but hasn't competed against the top level competition in sometime (skipped the Show-Me/Diamond Nationals weekend and Silver Dollar Nationals) Will he still have winning type speed once he returns to race the top level guys?
    No doubt Rocket is far and above the rest right now.
    Longhorn needs to really do some off-season retooling and come back with a nee device or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    No doubt Rocket is far and above the rest right now.
    Longhorn needs to really do some off-season retooling and come back with a nee device or something lol.
    Nice 2 week break after tonight for the #39 team so I would expect multiple test sessions during the break.

Looked Like the same thing at I-80 ran well in heats but got lapped in the feature. I hate this for Devin I have been a Moran fan for almost 40 years. Hope they get some help and figure it out over the next couple of weeks

If you take Owens and Sheppard out of the mix.... all of the other teams are struggling this year as are a lot of families, racetracks, businesses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    If you take Owens and Sheppard out of the mix.... all of the other teams are struggling this year as are a lot of families, racetracks, businesses, etc.
    Good point. For many race teams they are just getting by until next year when covid is hopefully a thing of the past.

I agree they are just getting by. I am very surprised there is a $25000 to win show only about 4 1/2 hours from there shop this coming weekend and they are not going.

Well it has not gotten any better for Devin. What does everyone think the chances are he drops off the Lucas tour before the end of the season? I sure hope he does not but they have really been struggling even to get a top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Moranfan99 View Post
    Well it has not gotten any better for Devin. What does everyone think the chances are he drops off the Lucas tour before the end of the season? I sure hope he does not but they have really been struggling even to get a top 10
    Zero percent
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

If theirs one thing I've heard over and over in victory lane interviews is how competitive and even the competition is nowadays and how hard it is to win or even run top 5. Moran will be fine.
    8/13/16

Win or lose, them Moran boys work hard at what they do. They got tore up in the last run of heats at Florence Saturday. We took a stroll thru the pits soon after and Devin was the one laying under the car thrashing. Looks like Big Don raised em to fix their own problems

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    Win or lose, them Moran boys work hard at what they do. They got tore up in the last run of heats at Florence Saturday. We took a stroll thru the pits soon after and Devin was the one laying under the car thrashing. Looks like Big Don raised em to fix their own problems
    Who else would be under the car - there are only 3 of them on the team and one only does tires and routine maintenance. Stop putting them up on a pedestal. It is a low budget team that want to play in the big time. Has there been some success over the decade plus he has raced, yes, but living off their last name is getting old. Needs to step it up or be a regional racer which is where his talent level probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    Who else would be under the car - there are only 3 of them on the team and one only does tires and routine maintenance. Stop putting them up on a pedestal. It is a low budget team that want to play in the big time. Has there been some success over the decade plus he has raced, yes, but living off their last name is getting old. Needs to step it up or be a regional racer which is where his talent level probably is.
    Well you just took that post and twisted it into whatever it is that you feel about them guys. I never made mention of talent or results. Just work ethic. You know, that thing that’s lacking in a lot of young folks these days. Keep on hating buddy, if that’s what makes you feel good. Sounds like no one ever put you on a “pedestal”. Jealousy is bad for health

I cannot believe that Devin is not going to eldora. I am a huge Moran fan but if they want to be a top team they have to run these types of races.

From what I have seen this year is that a lot of cars are so equal that it is hard to get a win . There are a few guys right now that have a really good combination working for them. Overton, B Shepp, and Owens just have combinations that are hard to beat. The rest of the racers appear quite equal.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    Not only the boys but the girls have been known to work above and beyond. I recall when Hundred Grand Donnie Moron AKA The MILLION Dollar Man was winning everything in sight in Ray Callahans BULLITT cars and Donnies sister was a key member of the crew and was no stranger to the underside of the racecar. The results spoke for volumes !

Default Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Not only the boys but the girls have been known to work above and beyond. I recall when Hundred Grand Donnie Moron AKA The MILLION Dollar Man was winning everything in sight in Ray Callahans BULLITT cars and Donnies sister was a key member of the crew and was no stranger to the underside of the racecar. The results spoke for volumes !
    Donnie’s brother-in-law JC was the main contributor and most notably for his hire for the “Eldora Million” race

Never count out Keith Berner , when he’s turning wrenches one Moran’s car, he runs up front. Berner is one of the geniuses of the sport and hard to beat when he’s on to something with the shock package.