Default Donnie Shatz over Larson at Lernerville

Good outlaw race at the Don Martin speedway the other night.

This race just goes to show that Yung Money can't win 'em all like we thought he could. Congrats to Schatzy, when you beat Larson you've beaten the best in the business.

Shatz can beat anyone on any given day. That we know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Shatz can beat anyone on any given day. That we know for sure.
    True, but Schatzy's got 1 more very formidable foe to deal with on a regular basis. One more elite talent makes winning that much tougher for Schatzy.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    True, but Schatzy's got 1 more very formidable foe to deal with on a regular basis. One more elite talent makes winning that much tougher for Schatzy.
    I agree. That’s why I have faded away from sprint cars and more into late models over the last 5 or 10 years. It got stale for me. Larson does spice it up more. I may have to start following sprints again.

Stale? You have to be referring to the winged persuasion of sprint cars. Wingless sprint cars not only have more character and are more exciting to watch but they also have some great personalities driving them. Thomas Meseraull, Robert Ballou, Shane Cottle, Dave Darland, C.J. Leary and Kevin Thomas Jr., among others, are some of the most colorful and interesting characters in all of racing. That list doesn't include some of the cool guys who race wingless out on the west coast, and there are several out there, too.Give 'em a look-see and you'll see what I mean.

The wingless guys not only have to be a bit more precise with their driving style than their winged brethren, they have to trust and respect one another just a bit more given the increased consequences of feeding another guy a dirty right rear or an errant slider.

In regards to the late models, I've loved 'em for as long as I have been interested in racing. With that said I'm starting to get a bit disenchanted with them. They have become so "out there" the way the rules makers have allowed them to get all jack-up, twisted up and asymmetrical with the right front hanging a foot wider than the right rear I'm not sure what the he!! I'm watching anymore! I suppose I shouldn't worry about what they look like if the racing is good, and it is, but they're getting more off the wall every day!

World of outlaws Sprints did get stale to me. Yes the Winged version.