Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennis erb

Default Dennis erb

First off I am a Dennis Erb fan. I went to several summer national shows some during the week and no Dennis Erb. Thought it was odd when some of these races were in his backyard. Tonight he's at the summer national race at Springfield instead of I80. Anybody have any thoughts? I know hes not dodging the competition he can run with anybody. Maybe car isnt right?

Maybe he wanted to take a little bit of a break and enjoy some time off since he just got back from the western swing of the World of Outlaws season or maybe he is trying to get recharged for the next Woo run

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    First off I am a Dennis Erb fan. I went to several summer national shows some during the week and no Dennis Erb. Thought it was odd when some of these races were in his backyard. Tonight he's at the summer national race at Springfield instead of I80. Anybody have any thoughts? I know hes not dodging the competition he can run with anybody. Maybe car isnt right?
    With Dennis being on the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series tour that races the last week or so have been up north thru Wisconsin & North Dakota. Those Summer Nationals races would have been way out of his way. How can he run any Summer Nationals races when the Outlaw Series races aren't anywhere near a summer nationals race. The next two Outlaw Series races are at Davenport and Kokomo. Just maybe he didn't want to get the car wrecked or messed up and save his equipment for the upcoming tour races. Some times being a smart racer and picking & choosing your battles is the better part of valor.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 07-23-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Think it boils down to $$ spent vs. earned. Dennis is gonna make the show at a summernats event and potentially win. He has no guarantees at I-80. Start $ at I-80 is nice, but he could potentially earn more $ than that in multiple S/N events.

Don't think he'd be anyone's pick to finish top 5 at I-80.

He originally had I-80 on his schedule, not sure when he changed it, but probably a smart decision to race closer to home even if it's for a smaller purse. Down the stretch it's good to take weekends off, Lanigan has taken this weekend off the last two seasons. For me it's disappointing since the Silver Dollar Nationals is the only big late model race I go to every year so I want to see as many non-Lucas guys come as possible but I understand them needing a break since so many are far from home this time of year.

Why not just stay home.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I figured shepp would also hit some of those shows in the B5. Maybe just not possible with the tour schedule.

Sheppard is at the Silver Dollar Nationals in Nebraska

Always thought Dennis utilized his resources as prudently as most anyone. Tickles me any time he does well.
    I hate time trials.

Dennis likes Clarksville track & they have a double coming up this weekend. He can run 4 Summernationals compared to 3 races if he had chosen to go to I-80. Just a thought?

I think plans changed when they added Clarksville as a 2 day show - he usually does well there, has to be the favorite for the $10k on Saturday.

Good luck to him wherever he chooses.

The SN announcer said Erb was running a new Vic Hill motor last night. Guy in the chat room said Erb has run a Clements motor forever. ....... As I watched the SN race I thought I have never seen Erb run so many laps in the middle and 3/4ths up during a race and so few at the bottom. Think he even chose the outside on a restart.......... Almost looked like he was testing more than driving.

Anytime a clown starts off with “First off, I am a fan of....” they aren’t....

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Dennis likes Clarksville track & they have a double coming up this weekend. He can run 4 Summernationals compared to 3 races if he had chosen to go to I-80. Just a thought?
    Spot on. Key word...Clarksville. Pretty sure Dennis has both his and hers toilets.
    8/13/16

Tenfomofturd, it's because of tools like you who run thier fat mouth you have to start your statements off like that. People cant have a normal conversation without f•cks like you chiming in just to give their jaws a rest from blowing the "next" favorite driver thats on thier list. You never have anything positive to say about anything. You are probably the most laughed at guy in the pits and dont even know it. Ernie the worthless blowhard, who's your favorite driver this week?? Lol Fool fool fool.

I told you before Illstate32, you're a phony... you started this only because you don't like Erb. Probly because he's a clean driver. You like it dirty... dirty bobby fan......

Now carry on tough guy... Hahaha and hahaha at you some dam more.....

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?? Why dont you try adding some type of racing info in your posts instead of trolling? You act like a little kid. How many years now??? How many screen names??? How many times have you been banned??? Get the picture?? It's you brother, you are a cancer. The conversation was civil and had good info until you and tenfomafia had to disgrace it with your irrelevant comments, as usual.

You talkin to me!? ^^^ hahahaha....

Got the win tonight @ clarksville.