Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I do that with ALL types of sports, I don't discriminate ! I have my views when it comes to politics and they're mine, just like yours is yours BK, but in this case, its a stock car race, nothing more, and I sure as hell do not want to hear how mucked up this country has begun when I'm trying to enjoy something like a racing broadcast that is my God given right as a citizen !!

Play your sport athletes, leave the politics to the people we elect through our votes.

You do that with all political remarks in sports or just the ones with opposing views as yours? Honest question not meant as anything else.

Athletes, networks, etc have forgotten a big part of what people love about sports. It’s a place to go escape all the noise for a few hours and just enjoy the game/competition.

Was agreeing with you I don’t care to hear any political stuff during sporting events. Was just curious if it was only one side of the fence you found off base or politics in general.

I was always a fan of him signing off encouraging folks to worship at the church of your choice on Sunday.
    Was pretty cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Confederates? What is this 1863?

A flag, some statues, and a war fought 155 years ago only defines the South to those too narrow minded to actually look. Take all of it down and you’ll still have a bunch of us proud of our heritage and none of that includes owning or selling anyone. A simple life built on honest values, your word, and common sense is my heritage. You can keep all that other nonsense you’re supposed to believe about us confederates

Spot on bK!

I was always a fan of him signing off encouraging folks to worship at the church of your choice on Sunday.
    Was pretty cool.

And NEVER heard one complaint about it........but they wonder why?

Looks like Tilley has been crying to Newton.... Mods are deleting things left and right to protect him... hilarious

This is the only thread I've seen on 4 m about it.....it's still here and looks like the posts are too.

What have they deleted left and right? I missed it I guess.

B_K

Confederates? What is this 1863?

A flag, some statues, and a war fought 155 years ago only defines the South to those too narrow minded to actually look. Take all of it down and you’ll still have a bunch of us proud of our heritage and none of that includes owning or selling anyone. A simple life built on honest values, your word, and common sense is my heritage. You can keep all that other nonsense you’re supposed to believe about us confederates.

You assume much here sir and that's ok but let me quickly address a couple of your assumptions. I'm 56 yrs old and my thoughts/opinions on the confederecy, the south, The Lost Cause, or however you personally refer to the region south of the Mason Dixon Line, are decades old that have evolved thru multiple sources, books, school, both pro and con confederate including personal interaction. Same with any war my country has been involved in, all political parties in my country from its inception to today, class warfare, the coming and going of the middle class and on and on and on.

Oh I've got opinions and thoughts and won't share them unsolicited at 4m.net, this ain't the place, but can assure you that the last 3 yrs 189 days have only shaped or reinforced them a tiny fraction. So no, your assumption that my views are rooted in the past little while devoid of 4 decades of a foundation are incorrect. ............. Hope this ends my participation in this iteration of this thread which was to address your assumption of how my views were and are shaped. They may be right, they may be wrong, but they are far from lazy and are well earned nearing 5 decades.

As mentioned I'm old and grew up a huge sports fan before cable tv which means I was one of millions of kids with a transistor radio pressed to his ear listening to a static filled feed of my teams. The picture in my minds eye was shaped by the play by play guy. A different era, a different time and the style and competence of those PBP guys 50 yrs ago is worlds away from today's guys in the booth.

As such I find this fascinating and Tilley is a wonderful case study for me. He is a big personality and gregarious and those kinds can have a way of polarizing a listener but for this fan the man comes prepared and knows his subject matter to a T. Going back to my days as a kid with my radio I have no doubt Tilley would have painted a solid picture and to be honest I can't say that about too many PBP guys these days. .......... It's almost a lost art. Fine line between describing the action objectively and getting in the way of it by injecting yourself into it.

Tilley has been around a long time and I am very curious how those who have listened to him for 15 yrs feel about his work behind the mic.

That’s a lot of typing to not say a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing.

Keep believing what you think, I’ll stick with what I know.

Have a great day.

B_K

That’s a lot of typing to not say a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing.

Keep believing what you think, I’ll stick with what I know.

Have a great day.

Reminds me of the title of the great Earl Weaver's book, "It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts"........... Indeed, think and know are two very different things.

Agreed BK, alot of typing to say absolutely nothing. That seems the common thing these days with those that are "smarter" than others. Type alot, say nothing

The Land of Lincoln never fails to deliver liberal entertainment.....

I don’t know it all by a wide margin, but what I know and love about where I was born, raised, and will die isn’t just based on books or on the history degree I earned. Life will teach you lessons if you put aside preconceived ideas and just take in your surroundings.

The South has a complicated and troubled past. There’s no denying that fact and I’m not trying to. Life through work and just roaming has taken me to pretty much every region of this country. I would tell you the stereotypical stuff we get branded with is worse in other parts of the country. It’s just easy (and lazy) to just go along with what you’re fed so people do.

We’re not perfect, I only know of one who is/was although my grandmother was close. The problem with today in general is if you were raised based on traditional family values and biblical principles you’re either intolerant or racist. It strikes me as odd that the party of tolerance is only tolerant to those who agree with them.

You also make reference to the election in your post. You likely assume since I’m a “confederate” I’m an ardent Trump supporter. You’d be wrong in that assumption. I wrote in a vote for Candidate I felt was best qualified to lead in 2016. A wasted vote, but a vote with a clear conscious. This time around I’m still undecided but the further left some head only pushes those like me closer to the right.

You seem like a decent guy. I’m not looking to just continue a argument for arguing’s sake. I just don’t like being labeled something I or the striking majority of people I know are not.

Well said BK. One of my best friends lives in Dalton and a buddy in Chatsworth. I would say that by reading your words they are very similar to you and your thoughts

B_K should run for office, he'd get my vote!

B_K, instead of parsing or dissecting your post with wordy thoughts you find feeble or redundant my part in dragging this thread away from its intention was to correct your assumption of the origins of my use of the word confederate. Never attacked you or it and didn't, or don't, feel attacked by you.

As an aside I find you to be a thoughtful person and your thoughts on the south and or confederacy are helpful to me but were not my intentions from my original post. My apologies if I made you, or anyone else, feel the need to defend or educate about the confederacy or the South............That's all, period. As mentioned I'm curious as to thoughts about Tilley behind the mic.

Nice and short so as not to offend or bore.

Because most people commenting have only known about Tilley the last few years... they weren’t around when he helped destroy the BoB series the first time, destroyed the Advance Auto Parts series, and almost destroyed the SAS series... by himself....
    Tom McConnell(or as I called him Tom McCon-Artist) destroyed the original BoB series all by himself, with no assistance from anyone
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird73 View Post
    Tom McConnell(or as I called him Tom McCon-Artist) destroyed the original BoB series all by himself, with no assistance from anyone
    he certainly helped (T.McConnell), but it was in decline when he took it over from Spencer Wilson.
    for those of you that do not know him, he and James Essex formed/started NARA Series, which was bough out by Forrest Lucas, and became what is known today as Lucas Oil.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    The Land of Lincoln never fails to deliver liberal entertainment.....
    Truth^^^^^^^

Hmm ... no comment.