Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just wondering:

Are these comments a feel bad story for Babb or anti- Bloomquist reply’s. Some are great prospective s while others are just - ??

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    Get the Rocket dialed in
    Run the Hell tour
    Bang cushions
    Win races
    Sell t-shirts
    Forget Bloomquist
    Not a huge Babb fan but I really like this idea!

I'm guessing anti Bloomquist.....
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

There is a common denominator between the 2: Ed Petroff.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Agreed. The Scott brothers are much faster in the XR-1 Rockets than they were in the Bloomquist cars.
    They are? Stormy has used just as many provisionals as Colton Flinner did in 2016
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    They are? Stormy has used just as many provisionals as Colton Flinner did in 2016
    Well they certainly do not look any worse in the Rocket cars.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I'm guessing anti Bloomquist.....
    They gotta blame it on somebody!

Bloomer came from the back to the top 10 pretty quick and was turning laps as fast as the leaders. Then 10 laps to go, they fell way off. Dont know if it was the chassis or outa shape driver!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post

Bloomer came from the back to the top 10 pretty quick and was turning laps as fast as the leaders. Then 10 laps to go, they fell way off. Dont know if it was the chassis or outa shape driver!
    When Scott came out of the pits, he was 18th... he got back to 9th with the help of cautions and people pitting and finished 11th... coming “from the back” is quite the exaggeration...

He was also on new rubber when he came back out.

I agree Babb needs to dump the old hippies car...

Neither its called funny tires as hes known for

When Scott came out of the pits, he was 18th... he got back to 9th with the help of cautions and people pitting and finished 11th... coming “from the back” is quite the exaggeration.

So the transponder is a liar.......interesting! smh

As cars go by the scoring loop the transponder signal is picked up, the system doesn't know if it's a yellow or green flag lap. If Scott was stopped in the pits for more than a lap the scoring on the transponder would be wrong because he's not on the track for his transponder to show him completing the same laps as everyone else. This could cause cars a lap down to be scored ahead of him even. The official scorer is tasked with getting everyone lined up correctly by basically eliminating the yellow flag laps and putting cars that pitted or caused the yellow to the back of the lead lap.
    I'm not assuming you don't know how it works, or that this was the case, I'm more explaining what could have happened for others who may not know.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    As cars go by the scoring loop the transponder signal is picked up, the system doesn't know if it's a yellow or green flag lap. If Scott was stopped in the pits for more than a lap the scoring on the transponder would be wrong because he's not on the track for his transponder to show him completing the same laps as everyone else. This could cause cars a lap down to be scored ahead of him even. The official scorer is tasked with getting everyone lined up correctly by basically eliminating the yellow flag laps and putting cars that pitted or caused the yellow to the back of the lead lap.
    I'm not assuming you don't know how it works, or that this was the case, I'm more explaining what could have happened for others who may not know.

I was referring to lap times!

Ahhh, my bad. It appeared you two was bickering about where he restarted the race after pitting.

New tires compared to old tires. So I wouldn't go bragging up old Scott lol

as a big babb fan he hasnt exactly set the world on fire the last few years in any brand, maybe a few ump wins around illinois but nothing national level

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    as a big babb fan he hasnt exactly set the world on fire the last few years in any brand, maybe a few ump wins around illinois but nothing national level
    Shannon is racing less now that he's married and has kids. Years ago, he'd never miss a Hell Tour race unless it conflicted with a big race, Now he picks and chooses. And I have no problem with that but it could be why he seems to be a tick off now days.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    Get the Rocket dialed in
    Run the Hell tour
    Bang cushions
    Win races
    Sell t-shirts
    Forget Bloomquist
    Agree 100 percent but if you want to know the best Babb ever was is when he did that but in the rayburn won 20 races ever year never could understand why he ever changed still win 20 on the summer nationals in a rayburn

A few years ago, Babb really struggled in his transition to Rocket. A year or so ago, he disliked one of his Rockets badly till he rolled out another. Owens struggled for a few years and is on-fire this year. It comes and goes with drivers, cars and chassis. It could be crew has changed, funding changed, there are multiple factors. Only the Rocket House car seems consistent from year to year.