Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I remember Weiss before Bloomquist. He was pretty ordinary at best.
    He hasn't been in SLM for all to long, so you can consider that some of a learning curve, but he is a multi time Wissota Late Model Champion and a NLRA champion. In 13years of racing, he has over 100 wins. So I would say that's more than being pretty ordinary at best, even in other chassis's. With the passing of Randy Sweet, I don't see good things coming for Bloomquist chassis.

He’s been in a late model for 11 and 1/2 of those 13 years... ... so I’m not sure what you consider “all that long”
    Last edited by TeNfOMaFiA69; 07-30-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Bloomer chassis isn’t that bad. It may need tweaking but that’s every chassis

Rajflyboy, it's not really about the actual chassis it's the information and support that come from running them. Yeah theirs a tweak here or their. But i personally think the chassis them selves are not gonna change a whole lot in the near future. Pre rumley longhorn and xr1 really pre spring smashing. Flex was a big part of a chassis. That has went by the wayside and between that and travel capabilities. It's what outdated the previous generation of chassis. Unless they stop checking engine setback most chassis are traveling about as much as your gonna travel. And short of trickery amongst the big guys trying to get Around certain rules. I think the current breed of chassis is going to be competitive for quite awhile so long as the information line that goes with it is their. And that frankly is where the bloomquist chassis have always fell short. In the last year I've heard both wies and the Scott Brothers say they don't get much help from scott they just kinda do their own thing. And i can guarantee you that the McDowells don't need bloomquist in that department.
    Last edited by Jking24; 07-30-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Scott doesn’t like to give away secrets (no secret about that). Yes maybe that hurts the overall package.

not taking anything away from the bloomquist chassis but i think weis accent could be more accredited to what he's learned from Scott then the cars themselves. He was very average but has learned how to race smarter and be their at the end.

What ever happened to Landers in the 7 car? Did the accident end his driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    What ever happened to Landers in the 7 car? Did the accident end his driving?
    Him and his dad had a falling out. That is essentially the ride davenport has. Jared Landers was driving the Larry mooring #1 car last year that Chad simpson has been in recently. I'm not sure what happened with that deal but i haven't heard anything else about him. It's ashame because he was really just starting to get going good and had alot of potential in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Him and his dad had a falling out. That is essentially the ride davenport has. Jared Landers was driving the Larry mooring #1 car last year that Chad simpson has been in recently. I'm not sure what happened with that deal but i haven't heard anything else about him. It's ashame because he was really just starting to get going good and had alot of potential in my opinion.
    Didn't they go to I-80 and broke the motor in hotlaps then something else broke and they called it a weekend and never did anything after. Might be wrong somewhere in there though.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Jared is in the auto sales business- but works for his uncles and not his dad- Lance Landers. Lance sold his part of the family dealerships to his brother & signed a 5 year no compete claus. Shorty after he was back in bussiness under the name: Mark Martin Ford (Batesville, Arkansas) The elder Landers brothers have had many court battles with Lance thru the years. Jared isn’t the only one that can’t get along with him! Just curious as to how long his marriage to Davenport will last without winning Lucas championships?

I mean... this might be the first year they haven’t won it...

Yes you are right(he still might win it)- but Lance has stated in the past he is in it for the championships. He dumps a ton of cash in that team. They also have some very good sponsors as well. I haven’t seen Gavin’s name this year- anyone know if he is still racing?

I kinda assumed at one time some of the winnings from Davenport went to paying the repair bills for Gavin's tore up cars.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Looks like that piece of sh!t out ran the field last night....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Looks like that piece of sh!t out ran the field last night....
    Amen brother 👍. I had forgotten about this thread. Good find.

Yep...no dog in this hunt but the new Babbmobile won $50k and was built by Cody Summer...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    not taking anything away from the bloomquist chassis but i think weis accent could be more accredited to what he's learned from Scott then the cars themselves. He was very average but has learned how to race smarter and be their at the end.
    I don't disagree. There are very few magical cars out there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Yep...no dog in this hunt but the new Babbmobile won $50k and was built by Cody Summer...
    Where did babb win 50k?

He was pretty solid when he was teaming with Vic Hill.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If weiss moves out of the Bloomquist cars and they have a falling out I wonder what drydene does ? I've heard they are the primary on his car and not team zero.

I would like to see him in a MB customs car. The Mars are quietly building a good pc in both SLM and IMCA style mods.

What does the B stand for in MB customs ?