Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Port royal

What’s wrong with Port Royal running Lucas races.
    I am confused by the “coattail “ part. Sounds like a good deal for Both parties- wouldn’t you agree bleedblue?

Port royals race track is one of the best in the country and the facility is phenomenal. Foxfire you will not be disappointed. I'm hoping to be there all 3 nights

The throwback deal is what was selling me on coming. We still may make the trip.....not sure. I know we won't be able to make it all 3 nights.

I heard this track is a Taj Mahal of dirt tracks. I hope Late Models take it over eventually 😜

^^^^^ that's funny. Port Royal will always be a sprint car track. The fair board is the best in the country. They have put a lot of money in the place. They recognize the upswing in slm racing and have been giving the late models the shows they deserve for quite some time. Cody was promoting this 50k to win event and port royal could have easily said the promotional team backed out and it's history. Instead they have stood up and are offering the slm a 3 day show with good $$$. Hope to make it up for that show. I want to know why Cody bailed ?

Port Royal has one of the best track crews in the country and the clay at Port Royal is some of the best around that produces multiple grooves weekly. If you are coming to Port Royal for the first time I promise you won't be disappointed.

The only problem is ... it’s in PA. Not my favorite state. I guess I need to do a few nights watching sprints up there some time. Hope my teeth don’t rattle out on those great public roads you”all got up there. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The throwback deal is what was selling me on coming. We still may make the trip.....not sure. I know we won't be able to make it all 3 nights.
    I agree, I really wanted to see that throw back deal but oh well. Still need to make it up there.

Throwback ? As in Wedge Late Models? 😜

Cody the guy who couldn't run Mansfield runs a 45 mph race in St. Louis when he don't have any competion my question is why would a first class operation like Port Royal want to fool with him.

Wasn't he the promotor of the Lucas race at Kokomo last year?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Wasn't he the promotor of the Lucas race at Kokomo last year?
    I believe so.

port never wanted cody as promotor they wanted the race dates now they have them with out cody ports race board are smart people

Quote Originally Posted by allbrandauto View Post
    port never wanted cody as promotor they wanted the race dates now they have them with out cody ports race board are smart people
    I think it's great they have a 3 day race. I was excited for them to get their own big event, and let it grow. I think they could have really had something with the "Throwback weekend." and turn it into a crown jewel type event in a few years. But the downfall could have been who was behind the event.

Remember it's only a 3 day show because the spring race got rescheduled because of the shut down. Be interesting to see what Port Royal does going forward but I'd guess the Lucas Oil weekend will be a staple on the schedule every August.

Bleedblue

You are right about the 3 day race being because of the spring make/up. Hope the covid deal doesn’t shut this race down. I am really looking forward to my first trip to Port Royal. Haven’t seen/read a negative comment on it & in this day & time that’s very unusual. Still hoping for the North/South/ the Kentucky Govenor has new new rules he is suppose to announce today.

The only complaint some people have about port is how slick it gets

Racing is better when it's slick..

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    Racing is better when it's slick..
    I agree. I was just saying that's the only complaint I've ever heard. It may be coming from idiots but it's the only complaint I hear

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I agree. I was just saying that's the only complaint I've ever heard. It may be coming from idiots but it's the only complaint I hear
    I have heard sprint car fans complain about Port being slick at times. But like they said above, DLM's are best when it's slick from bottom to the top with a cushion to lean on too.