Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The conflict of interest with a chassis builder running against customers is interesting. Good feedback yes but eventually the teams you run against regularly get tired of feeling like the deck is stacked against them.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The sales figures say nope.
    Are you saying that Rocket sales are down? Or am I reading your reply wrong?

Sales figures ? You his office manager ? I doubt it, I believe they said during the covid shut down they still had people working on shipping orders.

I don’t know. There was just something I really liked about Kid Rocket running that car. I usually don’t like those deals but I think Josh is a hard worker and earned his spot in the sport.

The Rocket house car and driver are simply not beatable. Analyze all day the reasons, but in the end they are not beatable. He doesn't win the N/S. Why? He doesn't come here. I think he takes that week off or something. You are not going to out run them.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Are you saying that Rocket sales are down? Or am I reading your reply wrong?
    You’re reading my reply wrong. The post I quoted suggested That having a house car on tour might not be the best thing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I would like to hit the WOO Davenport race but since I already know who’s going to win I’ll stay home and watch it on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    The conflict of interest with a chassis builder running against customers is interesting. Good feedback yes but eventually the teams you run against regularly get tired of feeling like the deck is stacked against them.
    ask canton and lanigan about it

I don't think people were questioning the funding or work ethic of the team. More in the case of tires and how they hardly ever have flats. Not just in this thread but other ones also. Some of the wins you see the tires on the car after 50-100 lappers and they look brand new other than some dirt stains on them.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I don't think people were questioning the funding or work ethic of the team. More in the case of tires and how they hardly ever have flats. Not just in this thread but other ones also. Some of the wins you see the tires on the car after 50-100 lappers and they look brand new other than some dirt stains on them.
    I've never gotten close enough to see the tires after a race. I know sometimes Brandon mentions that there is not much tire left and sometimes he mentions they still look good. Pretty much in line with what other top drivers say. Sometimes you can conserve them, other times not so much.

Ever think that maybe some teams run tubes in tires or a bladder that keeps the tire from going flat when it gets a hole in the actual tire?

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Ever think that maybe some teams run tubes in tires or a bladder that keeps the tire from going flat when it gets a hole in the actual tire?
    Yes because we did sometimes.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

There is no doubt about the Rocket 1 team having a lot of knowledgeable people working on the team. The team is very well organized. Rocket Shepp is also a very big threat to win in the race car he owns. He has done well with his own team.

Did you guys ever watch that video tour of the shop and the interview with Mark? I know some of you guys actually know him and have Rocket cars and have been there, but if you haven't definitely watch that video. They have 2 in the box and 2 more ready to go to swap out with the 2 on the road with 2 more getting worked on at all times. When I was growing up in the 80's Junior Johnson didn't even have that.

As for sales numbers, Rocket Chassis are as ubiquitous as Small Block Chevy engines. Will it last forever? History tells us no but good luck beating them right now.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Yes because we did sometimes.
    How do u do that behind the keyboatd? 🤭🤭🤭

I've come to the realization that I cannot continue to cheer against this team and need to just enjoy watching what every race team should strive to be. They are organized, clean, 1st class, and their success shows what you can achieve with hard work and determination.

Did anyone else notice the Rocket team waving Owens down the work area Saturday night and jumped all over the car helping Cody try to figure out what was wrong with the 20. They tend to always be helping any Rocket car that comes to the work area, which is good business, but that instance especially Saturday night impressed me.

I would hope so. I mean another Rocket is leading the other national tour points. And it was a points event
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

if it's in class of its own , then why they running with all dem other late models........ (class act sarcasm at it finest)

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I've come to the realization that I cannot continue to cheer against this team and need to just enjoy watching what every race team should strive to be. They are organized, clean, 1st class, and their success shows what you can achieve with hard work and determination.Did anyone else notice the Rocket team waving Owens down the work area Saturday night and jumped all over the car helping Cody try to figure out what was wrong with the 20. They tend to always be helping any Rocket car that comes to the work area, which is good business, but that instance especially Saturday night impressed me.
    As much as people like to bash them they are racers just like the rest of us i have personally seen them do the same for non rocket teams. I've even seen Danny white help change a tire on maddens car in the midst of a championship battle with him. And that one instance could of made or broke their championship chances