Default Dual shock setups

How does this work? Centrifugal force entering the turns (I’m assuming)? Argabright did a segment on this a few years back.

The only place 2 shocks are allowed is the lr. This a by product of the early days of the coilover behind the axle. The rotation of the birdcage makes the shock velocity less than the velocity of the chassis falling, when entering the corner. This makes the shock ineffective. A shock was then used on the front, without a spring, to help catch the car on deceleration.

Don't expect to learn much from one of those Argabright segments.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The only place 2 shocks are allowed is the lr. This a by product of the early days of the coilover behind the axle. The rotation of the birdcage makes the shock velocity less than the velocity of the chassis falling, when entering the corner. This makes the shock ineffective. A shock was then used on the front, without a spring, to help catch the car on deceleration.Don't expect to learn much from one of those Argabright segments.
    Thanks for this lesson!! Argabright didn’t win me over with this info. He left me hanging. Begging for more.

I imagine they are a bit pricey as well