Default Dynamic roll steer

Posted in the mod section and didn’t get much help. We’ve always ran 4 link but are now on a 3 link mod deal. I run about 1/4” trail base, my question is does anyone have a ballpark # for dynamic roll steer at say 3 1/2-4” hike on a bullring track? The car runs up the race track center off but it doesn’t feel like traction so much as steer

Is the car tractioned up but driving to the wall trail first or is the driver backpedaling and the car just carries to the wall? I don't know a number to recommend but a little more info would help a ton

Where your drive angle winds up, compared to the dynamic center of the front end, is what matters. Comparing a LM to a mod, would be a mistake, imo
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yea I can drive in to the center to make my apex and when I pick the fuel up it wants to run up the track. It’s not getting the front end light it just feels like I need either more stagger or more trail. But being 3 link I don’t have anything to compare to

2 turns right rear bar to lengthen. Sounds like throttle push from too much bite

im gonna add a little trail and probably add some rr drive and see what it does this week

trailing or leading has nothing to do with dynamic roll steer , if thats what your after with a solid bar 3 link with the mounts welded to rear solid like the rules say , then you have to learn to think different than a late model like i suggested to you , if you dont believe that , then ask scotty hiett at tst , he seems to have it figured out pretty well.....

when i say dynamic steer im meaning the wheel base differences on each side when its at hike not how to adjust to it, and if you race talladega every week you dont ever have to change much cuz itll be the same every week lol

on a normal year , you are correct , by end of may , track pretty much stays the same rest of year , but this year with limited schedule , there has been some low 13,s and high 12,s in july , hard to have a track like that here in dead of summer when its being pounded week in and week out......

If the car makes it all the way to apex, and then suddenly the car wants to slide up the track, it will not hold the bottom, then it sounds to me that the car needs more left rear drive. Things to try will probably include: less slow speed rebound in the right front shock......slightly more right front spring rate.....slightly less left rear slow speed rebound rate. My thinking is this.....sounds like to me that once the car makes it past the apex of the turn, the right rear tire is more dominant than the left rear, this causes the car to over rotate, and the driver counter steers to the right, this causes the car to "skate" up the track. Too much rear weight could be causing this, but I suspect it is caused by the right rear overdriving. One final thouht, if the car is slightly too tight gooing into the corner, most drivers cannot detect this, but the problem will manifest itself on exit. Too tight in = loose out. Loose out on throttle = counter steer to the right = skate.