Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Just got home a little while ago. I think it's time for a big money show at Davenport. That was one of the best races I've seen in a long time.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Aren't you a fan of racing?? It isn't like the Rocket1 started on the pole & drove away from everyone. Several lead changes & cars coming from back of the pack to the front. As a RACING fan, that's worth my $40 a month all year. Just because the same guy wins alot doesn't mean the racing isn't any good. Dirt fan #1, please reevaluate you thoughts about RACING.
    Last edited by 0_VodooChild_0; 07-29-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Congrats to team blue. Great racing, top to bottom. Also impressed with Jimmy Mars finishing 4th. MB customs is definitely making a statement. Yea that little 1/4 mile bullring put on 1 heck of a show.

Does Ed Petroff sponsor Rocket1? Has Petroff towing listed as a sponsor on DoD results
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    And still only managed to win the Lucas tour by 55 points. Would've been different had Dixie and Rome not rained out.
    If it hadn't rained out...

I've heard that a few times. The 6 team had little intention of running a full schedule and was not organized enough to do do. They wound up getting sucked into it because they were fast. At times, that car was over a half second better than the competition. But, you need more than speed to be a champion.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Great race. Davenport delivers again. Even though I'm a Sheppy fan, I was a rootin for Cade to get er done. Just came up a lil short.
    Pumped up for LaSalle tonight. Lately, whenever I pass through the gates, I figure it's my last show there. Looks like I'm gonna get one more. Hoping a handful of WoO guys hung around for this show.
    8/13/16

If that race didn't get you excited as a race fan you obviously watch racing for a different reason than I do. It's ok to be pissy pants because you don't like the guy who won, but the racing was good all race long and the winner was not obvious until the checkered. Not sure how you can ask for much more than that.

Dillard, Shep and Owens said it was the best race they have been in all year. Davenport and Kay family deserve a high dollar 2 day event. Either Lucas Oil or WoO

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If it hadn't rained out...I've heard that a few times. The 6 team had little intention of running a full schedule and was not organized enough to do do. They wound up getting sucked into it because they were fast. At times, that car was over a half second better than the competition. But, you need more than speed to be a champion.
    According to all the what if'ers and he only won because of this.... you just need a lot of speed. Clearly a half a second is enough in the lucas series. The record books don't care how he did it or who did it didn't run

Certainly Davenports 2 quarter mile WoO races deserve recognition for race of the year. Yes, this facility and its fan base could support a big money event. I've been enjoying this venue for 55 years.