FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 28, 2020

Tyler Bruening Scores $5,300 I-80 Speedway Victory
Repeats in Prelude to the Silver Dollar Nationals

DECORAH, Iowa (07/28/20) – Tyler Bruening repeated his Prelude to the Silver Dollar Nationals victory at I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb. on Wednesday.

Bruening led all but two laps of the night’s main event in his Skyline Motorsports No. 16 Bennett Explosives/ Bruening Rock Products/ Capital Race Cars for a $5,300 payday.

"Even though I’d like to of had better finish in the Lucas Oil features, it was still a great weekend for our team,” Bruening said. “Our Capital Race Car was perfect on Thursday night; I think we’ve got a really good setup to go off of moving forward. I want to thank my dad, Zeb, and everyone who supports our program.”

Drawing 44 Malvern Bank Super Late Model Series entries, Tyler laid down the fourth fastest time overall in qualifying before picking up an 8-lap heat race victory from the sixth-starting spot.

Rolling off second for the feature alongside Ben Schaller, Bruening took control of the lead on the third lap after Schaller suffered mechanical issues. Leading the remaining distance, Tyler rolled to his second win of the season 0.889 seconds over Tad Pospisil, Justin Kay, Cory Dumpert, and Andy Eckrich.

On Thursday afternoon, Bruening kicked off the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) action with the Dirt Track Bank Go 50. One of 46 entries, Tyler posted a third-place finish in his heat, which positioned him 11th on the starting grid for the $12,000-to-win A-Main. Tyler slipped back to a 23rd place outing in the 50-lap affair.

The following night for a pair of heat races, Tyler came in sixth in his first round before placing fifth in his second heat. Sitting in 29th overall in passing points, Bruening transferred into the B-Main on Saturday night for another shot at the $53,000-to-win Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals.

Jumping up two spots to grab the fourth and final transfer position, Bruening locked into the 25th-starting position for the finale. Passing nine cars in the 101-lap affair, Tyler Bruening recorded a 16th place finish.

The team will enjoy a two-week break before returning to action with four nights of racing with the LOLMDS at Florence Speedway (Union, Ky.) on August 12-15. Action opens with the $12,000-to-win Ralph Latham Memorial on Wednesday, August 12, while the $10,000-to-win, North/South Shootout will be held on Thursday. The weekend reaches a fever pitch on August 14-15 as the $50,000-to-win, 38th Annual Sunoco Race Fuels North/South 100 comes to life.

Tyler Bruening would like to thank all of his sponsors including Skyline Motorsports, Bennett Explosives, Bruening Rock Products, Capital Race Cars, Super K Express, Truck Country, Olson Explosives, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Freeman Plumbing, Hoosier Tire South, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Carolina Concrete Finishers, QA1, Quarter Master, Hovden Oil, Bert Transmission, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Penske Shocks, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, Modern Images, Stop Tech Brakes, Allstar Performance, Advanced Transportation, Lucas Oil Products, DirtOnDirt.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Tyler Bruening and Skyline Motorsports, please visit www.Tyler16.com .