Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default World 100 - Who knows now

Reset for 2021. This sucks. The link was disabled after I posted it. Tried to upload a screenshot.

When I made the post Eldora's webpage said the race was reset for 2021. Then the link was not valid. Now the webpage says no final decision has been made. I apologize for the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SlidinDirty; 07-30-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Your link is junk and I see nothing about it on Eldora site
    Scott Kleindorfer

It was up very briefly before taken down.... maybe 5 minutes. Sent it off to a few people, came back and it was removed.

I don’t think anybody should be surprised at the event being cancelled.

I saw a tweet a few days ago advertising Wayne County WoO sprint car event and it said come on out let's pack the stands and pit area full of people.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Sad deal, knew it was inevitably coming. We are wearing these masks and stuff is shut down you'd think this virus would have disappeared a long time ago. smh

Ohio set a record yesterday for most cases diagnosed. Governor was to have a 2:00 speech today, but I haven't seen what he said.

Nothing should’ve been canceled this year. Not one single race.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Ohio set a record yesterday for most cases diagnosed. Governor was to have a 2:00 speech today, but I haven't seen what he said.
    The thing with that is depending on the lab it could've take 2-3 days or 10-12 days for those results to come back. Same with some death tallies.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

(Updated: July 30, 2020 – 4:40 PM)

As of this moment, there is no status change to the World 100. It is still on the schedule. The window of opportunity to host fans is certainly dwindling but there are still a couple scenarios in play and we are working diligently to explore all options that might become available to us. We fully understand the urgency surrounding getting a decision finalized so that everyone can make plans. Just as soon as any decision is made, we will update via all methods of communication. Thank you as always for your support and patience during this increasingly difficult and frustrating time.

Source: https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/coronavirus/

Life goes on and so should racing. And yes my wife and I both have had this over hyped disease. My opinion has not changed. Sports should carry on and people who are worried about getting the disease should simply not attend. No harm in not attending but allow us our freedom to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Life goes on and so should racing. And yes my wife and I both have had this over hyped disease. My opinion has not changed. Sports should carry on and people who are worried about getting the disease should simply not attend. No harm in not attending but allow us our freedom to choose.
    Great thoughts 👍. Exactly how I feel.

I heard today that Sharon, Muskingum and Midvale Speedways in Ohio have been shuttered due to not following the plans laid out to continue to operate. Has anyone else heard this?

Yes Sharon has been shut down for a few weeks, the county was red level 3. It seems they will be shut down for the rest of the year?Technically I don’t think any track is allowed to race in Ohio, because no gatherings are allowed more than 100 people??? but Attica and Wayne Co still are this week (Attica only pit passes now, similar to what Hagerstown did for a week.)

You are right dirt cow and TS. This should be in the people's hands. Instead we got snookered by a real political con job.

Er dirt crow I meant. hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Curiosity question: what is the Govenor/State of Ohio going to do about fans at Ohio State Football games?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Curiosity question: what is the Govenor/State of Ohio going to do about fans at Ohio State Football games?
    probly nothing......as long as they agree to kneel!

That’s probably the truth! I know here in Tennessee- they are talking about maybe limiting the fans in attendance for social distancing. Eldora is considered a large venue- so not sure if they could do something like Florence is doing for the North/South. Probably not- there would be a lot of mad folks!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    The fans quit coming when they start losing anyway....no big deal...it will fix itself.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Buckeyes announced few days ago 20% attendance.

Attica today announced for this week at least no fans GA but pit passes available and $25 car entry fee. The governor says these are not mandates but recommendations on groups etc but Attica states local County health board. I think it's time everyone especially in Ohio start making phone calls to appropriate people including your local health department.

Atomic Speedway- saturday is still on!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AtomicSpeedway/posts/

FAST sprints $4,000 to win
    Late Models $4,000 to win
    UMP Modifieds $1,000 to win
    Sport Mods $600 to win

General Admission:
    kids 0-10 free
    adults 11-59 - $20
    seniors/Vets - $15
    Last edited by Bill31; 07-31-2020 at 12:38 AM.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!