FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 30, 2020

Hedgecoc k Snares Topless Outlaw Win at I-75
American Crate All-Star Series at Wythe Next

LOUDON, Tenn. (07/30/20) – After several weeks of Super Late Model competition, Cory Hedgecoc k returned to the Topless Outlaws Late Model Series on Saturday night – and done so in triumphant fashion.

For the second straight week, Hedgecoc k put his E-Z-GO No. 23 Pace Performance/ Budget Transmissions/ Rocket Chassis/ Eagle Racing Engine Late Model in Victory Lane at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater, Tenn.

“Our car was good, we just went a little harder on tires and it took us a while to get going,” recalled Hedgecoc k. “When they got caught in lapped traffic, I figured that was going to be our change and we just got rolling on the top. I hate that happened to Chase [King] but I’ll take them anyway I can get them.”

Hedgecoc k started his busy weekend with the Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals Series on Thursday at Crossville (Tenn.) Speedway. Recording the second fastest time in his qualifying group behind Donald McIntosh, Hedgecoc k locked into the third-starting position for the $3,500-to-win A-Main.

After challenging Brandon Overton for the top spot early, Cory slipped back to a third-place finish when the checkered flag flew, trailing Overton and Chris Madden across the line. Donald McIntosh and Tyler Millwood completed the Top-5 finishers.

The following night at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tenn.), Cory laid down the fastest time in his qualifying group before picking up a 10-lap heat race win.

Starting the feature in the second, Hedgecoc k set the pace for the first 29 circuits until fellow front-row starter Chris Madden took control on lap 30. He would go on to finish third behind Madden and Dale McDowell with Brandon Overton and Ross Bailes rounding out the Top-5.

On Saturday afternoon, Hedgecoc k headed to I-75 Raceway (Sweetwater, Tenn.) for the Topless Outlaw Late Model Series-sanctioned Tom Crass Memorial. In a field of 21 cars, Cory secured his spot into the main event with the fourth fastest lap in time trials.

Overtaking Chase King for the lead after he was caught up in a melee near the halfway point, Hedgecoc k pulled away to take the $2,500 victory over Kyle Courtney, John Ownbey, King, and Jed Emert. The win marked his seventh of the season.

For more results from these events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com and www.ToplessOutlaws.com.

This Saturday, August 1, Cory is making the trip to Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Va. to compete for a $10,000 top prize with the American Crate All-Star Series. To learn more about this event, visit www.AmericanCrateAllStarSeries.com.

Cory Hedgecoc k would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Pace Performance, Rocket Chassis, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Hidden View Lake, Budget Transmissions, VP Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Brucebilt Performance, Wiles Driveshafts, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgecoc k23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryHedgecoc k23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgecoc k23 often for the latest team updates.