Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Support your Track the right way....

Alright, I live in NC and am not a fan of the whole mask piece. However, please realize that if you want to help your local racetrack survive you need to do so in a way that helps them. I spoke with a promoter from here this morning; short story is the state is coming to his track this weekend to issue citations for things they find (no masks, social distancing, etc.). As racers and race fans we need to help him and not give them a reason to 'fine' him. He said they have a list of tracks and his was at the top....

Excellent post.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Play the game to win. I agree.

How can you be issued a citation if you’re not breaking a law

The North Carolina governor issued the mask rule a while back. Businesses are suppose to ask customers to wear masks. If customers do not the business can call police and say you are trespassing. I don’t like it. A business should not have to police something like this.

Haven’t seen more than 5 masks at 6 races in 3 different states. F*ck masks at outdoor race tracks
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

But it isn’t a law

The mask thing is mandatory in a lot of places in Illinois but I haven't seen any at a track yet.
    8/13/16

I saw some at I-80 but I'd say fewer than 1% of people had a mask. I live with a couple high-risk people and I help out my grandma who is high-risk so I wore mine all day Friday and Saturday at the track. If tracks actually enforce it then hopefully fans follow. Would hate to see any track get in trouble because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The mask thing is mandatory in a lot of places in Illinois but I haven't seen any at a track yet.
    It has to.be passed by the legislature and become law before it's mandatory.

People not obeying orders/recommendations of wearing masks, social distancing, etc. are just prolonging the length of time that we will have to deal with this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    People not obeying orders/recommendations of wearing masks, social distancing, etc. are just prolonging the length of time that we will have to deal with this pandemic.
    Isn’t any proof of that. More people are wearing masks but supposedly the covid numbers are going up. Now how could that be ?

I completely agree that the mask piece is a crock, however our governor seems to have it in for racing (wouldn't have anything to do with the party most people not wearing mask are part of). As for the numbers, I have ran them everyday since April, the percentage of positive tests moves up and down each day; it is currently below 7% overall with 7.6% being the highest (back in the start of June). The only number I see that has increased that is a concern would be hospitalizations, other than that it has not 'spiked' as they claim. I pull the numbers straight from their dashboard at 12:10pm everyday... My point with the mask/social distancing is to try and help the racetracks not end up in trouble, personally do not agree but at least make the 'appearance' to help keep them open.

A fine thought sir, but there are 63 MILLION who have been told it's a hoax and that wearing a mask will kill you. And besides many of those 63 MILLION have ingested bleach and ultraviolet light and smashed the fake virus just in case.

So you're asking the don't tread on me crowd to kill themselves by wearing a mask so the "deep state" doesn't fine their track promoter? Interesting.
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 08-01-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Whether you believe in the mask deal or not this post points out a reasonable position, wear it so as to not endanger your track’s continued operation. Or be a tough guy and shoot yourself in the foot.
    I hate time trials.

More mask mandates/more covid cases......something doesnt add up here!

However, being a business owner, i respect the rights of private businesses' to have their own policies!

With that being said, i was told to wear a mask last night and was offered one at Olive Garden. I said no thanks and went and sat with my friends at the table they had been assigned to, with no repercussions! ....go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I completely agree that the mask piece is a crock, however our governor seems to have it in for racing (wouldn't have anything to do with the party most people not wearing mask are part of). As for the numbers, I have ran them everyday since April, the percentage of positive tests moves up and down each day; it is currently below 7% overall with 7.6% being the highest (back in the start of June). The only number I see that has increased that is a concern would be hospitalizations, other than that it has not 'spiked' as they claim. I pull the numbers straight from their dashboard at 12:10pm everyday... My point with the mask/social distancing is to try and help the racetracks not end up in trouble, personally do not agree but at least make the 'appearance' to help keep them open.
    This is basically the way I look at it. We are forced to capitulate to the government in order to keep many businesses operational With this covid mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    A fine thought sir, but there are 63 MILLION who have been told it's a hoax and that wearing a mask will kill you. And besides many of those 63 MILLION have ingested bleach and ultraviolet light and smashed the fake virus just in case.

So you're asking the don't tread on me crowd to kill themselves by wearing a mask so the "deep state" doesn't fine their track promoter? Interesting.
    MANY of those 63 million have ingested bleach????

NO......NO they haven't.

Sure , they're were some that did it....but those were the ones that were eating tide pods anyway.....idiots.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Where did the 63 million number come from?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Where did the 63 million number come from?
    thats a political hit my man , but saying they drank bleach is just what they do on the other side , fake news........