Default WoodTic/Dan Salay Memorial Race

August 7th and 8th is The Wood Tic and 3rd Annual Dan Salay Memorial Race at Merritt Speedway. 10k to win Latemodels 3k to win Mods. Plus many extra monies could be won. 1000.00 Late Model dash for cash 500.00 for 2nd.Fast Time money in LM and Mods Fast Time money for Mods 500.00 to win Mod Dash for CashOdd/Even winner monies for LM and Mods Lap money for both main features and Odd/Even races. Gonna have tshirts and other things. We are also having a silent auction..Brandon Overtons entire right side of the car that won the Southern Nationals. Ricky Weiss right side of ca. Kent Robinson right side. Plus many other things. Come on out camping is permitted.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

2 days away!!!
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

This track has been on my bucket list for the last few years, never been there, but this place pays between 2,000 - 2,500 to the winner every week it seems for super late models and every time I look they're having a high dollar race for SLM.

Hopefully I will check this place out eventually, its a " behind the radar " kinda' place but it always seem like they're running high dollar races every week, about like Fairbury ! Good for them

Can’t wait for this weekend!! Gonna be a great weekend of racing in Northern Michigan!!
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Awesome race last night. Congratulations to Stemler on a great win. I thought Jeep was gonna get him with about two to go. Thanks to the Salay family for anther awesome show!!
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

One of the five best races I've seen this year on this quarter mile, even though Stemler led the whole 75 laps, you were never sure if he was going to win until the last turn of the last lap with Mielke, Spangler, Marcoullier, VanWormer, Schlenk, and Thirlby all battling to see who could run down Stemler. It reminded me of Fairbury the night Owens, Babb, and T-Mac battled throughout before T-Mac became the victor. They have the entire race on DOD, I highly recommend race fans watch it

This track and its way of running their business and facilities continues to impress me. I will ( lord willing ) be at the Wood Tic next year

P.S. - Their race announcer is TOP NOTCH, he doesn't scream and beller over the race, he gives a concise and accurate description of the action without all the theatrics.
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 08-09-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds