Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    The site is difficult to navigate for me, it's poorly done. Click Events, give it a few seconds it's slow, on the right at the top you'll see Class, click and a drop down menu appears, click LM. Then you'll notice it's an archive and scheduled races put together and except for BedFord Speedway and Street Stocks the completed races and scheduled races are the EXACT same races as are at DoD.

It is REDUNDANT, if you are just a LM fan, only a LM fan, Flo is useless to you as it has the exact same LM races that DoD has.

As I mentioned after perusing Flo for 5 minutes yesterday if you're a LM fan Flo offers you zero cuz you already get what they have at DoD.
    That page is actually a calendar and it defaults to today. You either scroll up for past races by date or down for future races by date. The fact you can sort by Class, Date, Series or Track is pretty good! I don't see where you can do any of that on DoD, it's just a list by date.

Oh, and as I already mentioned, you only now get numerous live races due to the fact DoD was bought by Flo. It was not like that prior. You had to pay an additional PPV fee on top of your subscription for almost every single event! With just one or two races you were then paying more than you would pay now for a year of Flo. I'm guessing you are new to DoD and live events.

As a DoD subscriber, it looks like you have to pay $50 more to get what you were getting before for a yearly sub (when your current sub runs out of course) but as a non-subscriber already committed to Flo, I haven't figured out a way yet to subscribe to DoD without purchasing a duplicate Flo membership.

Pro tip- If you click on "Add to calendar" on the Flo Events page, you will get daily emails of upcoming races each day. This comes in handy when Flo is showing multiple races that day or you just forget about or don't know about an upcoming race.
    Last edited by TDRacin®; 08-06-2020 at 12:54 PM.

My mind was made up in 5 minutes yesterday when I saw that Flo gave me zero LM action that DoD did not. No biggie at all for me although I very much liked DoD and was happy to support them and the racing community.

If this thread is an indicator maybe 70% are happy with the combining of the two sites, so that's a good thing. Race fans get what they've been getting for 50 bucks less a yr and hopefully it makes Flo/DoD a bit more profitable for them.

Guys like me move along and subscribe to Lucas and get the top LM curcuit there is and next yr I'll buy a month of Dirtvision and get the WoO and most of the SN. ............... Let the free market speak and vote with your dollar. Great for the consumer.

My mind was made up in 5 minutes yesterday when I saw that Flo gave me zero LM action that DoD did not. No biggie at all for me although I very much liked DoD and was happy to support them and the racing community.

If this thread is an indicator maybe 70% are happy with the combining of the two sites, so that's a good thing. Race fans get what they've been getting for 50 bucks less a yr and hopefully it makes Flo/DoD a bit more profitable for them.

Guys like me move along and subscribe to Lucas and get the top LM curcuit there is and next yr I'll buy a month of Dirtvision and get the WoO and most of the SN. ............... Let the free market speak and vote with your dollar. Great for the consumer.
    It's a great time to be a dirt racing fan! No matter what tho, you will have to pay or look for a FB Live feed. Remember also with Lucas Oil TV you are limited to which races you get to see. They're getting better at showing more though. With that though plan on paying more next year or the year after!

Flo can only carry non-DV/Lucas shows due to their own contractual obligations. I don't think you'll see anymore co-broadcasts among the three. That means if you want the local/oddball series/tracks LM races, then Flo is where it will be.

TDracin

The fact you can sort by Class, Date, Series or Track is pretty good! I don't see where you can do any of that on DoD, it's just a list by date.

TD you are making my point about how DoD "was". They do not need a menu where Class is an optional cuz it "was" All Late Model All The Time. That was the point, you came to DoD specifically and only for LM. Now for 50 bucks more you get 18 more classes, and I see I'm in the minority, that I have zero interest in.

But I will miss the So Nats and I'd guess would like the Fall Nats too. As a born, bred and will die Yankee these tracks and drivers were new to me and I really really liked the racing, the tracks and announcers. Very impressed with the Chiltons, Hardys, Paynes, Knuckles', McIntoshes, Kings and on and on that were brand new to me.

I just dumped DoD after many years. I'll keep my LORTV for now.

I've got LORTV @$59 yearly, DoD was $99 and now Flo. next year as of now
    will be $150.

Have bought 5 Fast Pass'es this year $170.
    I dont mind paying a little more
    for some but I want to see some return on my investment.

I am done with DirtVision as of now, just because their streams
    have gotten so bad lately with freezing buffering completely
    loosing the stream and the quality of production is a disgrace
    to any company big or small.

Most of time only 1 camera and I could almost swear that they
    are using a Motorola Razor flip phone from 1997.

Then they have got very few cars running the complete series.
    The pit announcers are a joke.

Now this is the way I believe the story goes.

I say I'm done with this or that race but the truth be known
    we are all alike if we are true race fans then it's just like being
    on drugs,we are addicted simple fact.
    It's hard to stop but some can,now I'm gonna do my best to
    not go back to DirtVision unless some major changes are made.

It's a shame that we have been put in this predicament to start with
    and most of us are dependent on the web to see some racing.

Up until this year I always went at least 2 times a week till we had the
    chance to go more.
    SHEEEEWWWWWW.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

^ they should keep Ashley stremme around

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    ^ they should keep Ashley stremme around
    She knows a LOT more than the ones they've got now.

She did great.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Flo has paid for itself many times over just since the Dream. With all of the midget races, All Star sprints, and the DoD late model races it has been fantastic. I’ll keep Flo\DoD and Lucas but dirtvision can kiss my @ss.

You keep complaining about additional content on Flo Racing that is not late model coverage. Well, only a fraction of the material on Lucas Oil Racing TV is late model content. They have TONS of other material covered on there as well.
    Last edited by fryefan; 08-07-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Not everyone can attend these races in person.
    Yeah like me.... this is great. With DOD I paid to watch the final night of dream and world race for $30 each. I can now watch all 6 nights for less. That's good in my book.

My mind was made up in 5 minutes yesterday ...
    So, with very little info received, and very little time or thought invested ... on a Wednesday night when no one is racing, you formed your opinion?

Wink

I can’t keep up with all this sh2t. I just want to watch LM racing, I give a crap about seeing other types of racing. Well da3m DOD was so good back in the day. I knew the writing was on the wall when they stopped showing heat races from some of the major series. RIP DOD 😕😕😕. Im a monthly prescriber to DOD, thanks for the heads up everyone. I need to check so I’m not charged for 150.00
    Last edited by obamaracing#1; 08-07-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    You keep complaining about additional content on Flo Racing that is not late model coverage. Well, only a fraction of the material on Lucas Oil Racing TV is late model content. They have TONS of other material covered on there as well.
    That's what I'm told. Boat racing, off road racing but for 99 bucks I get a whole yr Lucas Oil Late Models. Hey if they want they can add another 200 classes I'll never watch making LM .0000000001% of the content but at 99 bucks I see a lot of value in seeing a yrs worth of the Lucas circuit............... In fact waaaaaay too much value. Best value in all of streaming and I pay to stream a lot of Junior hockey. I'd guess soon Lucas will raise their price too and it would be justified.

That's what I'm told. Boat racing, off road racing but for 99 bucks I get a whole yr Lucas Oil Late Models. Hey if they want they can add another 200 classes I'll never watch making LM .0000000001% of the content but at 99 bucks I see a lot of value in seeing a yrs worth of the Lucas circuit............... In fact waaaaaay too much value. Best value in all of streaming and I pay to stream a lot of Junior hockey. I'd guess soon Lucas will raise their price too and it would be justified.
    You understand that LucasOilTV shows very few of their races, right? You mentioned earlier you wanted to see the regional touring series. Where do you get that? Flo. There are more LM races on Flo than all other streamers combined! Not to mention the two biggest races in all of LM racing!

Personally I think you f'ed up, but that's just me. It's your money to spend how you see fit though, so no one can really tell you you are wrong. Enjoy the handful of races you are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    So, with very little info received, and very little time or thought invested ... on a Wednesday night when no one is racing, you formed your opinion?
    Work with me here, Terry. I know you're not trolling me and reading your contributions you are a thoughtful aware person............ I log on in the am, see a post that says DoD added Flo at no cost to subscribers. After a little while I figure it out and I'm a Flo member.

I scan and peruse the site, look at LM archived and upcoming races. The familiarity of that content sent me to DoD to compare and contrast. Exact same LM content. That was it, mind was made up. 5-10-15 minutes that took? Does that matter?

It's a good thread, hope it stays that way. I like reading what people think and what they have noticed to see if I'm missing something. In fact, once my month of DoD runs out I'll be watching for news and reasons to sign back up. We'll see, but for now no value at all for me having Flo.
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 08-07-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Of course DoD/Flo are gonna show the same regional races as Flo owns DoD. Just like flo owns SpeedShift.

One thing you’ll get with Flo you probably won’t get with DoD is some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good weekly shows at the tracks. Like Marshalltown(runs imca mods), Port Royal runs Supers as a weekly show(I think), plus you’ll see the regional series like ULMS when they race at Port Royal. Plus Flo, has picked up a couple of SLMR races out this way.

I look at it this way I could spend $100 for just DoD content or I can spend $150 for both. I have a chance to watch even more races with alittle more money. Who cares if they have a diverse lineup. You might be surprised how good some of those tracks/shows are. One night I had like 14 races to choose from. I flipped back and forth based on my interest. Given how all this was a few years ago. It was a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by knot View Post
    i sub monthly to DOD. The email i got gave the $150/year option or continue monthly sub at $14.99/mo.
    I sure would have liked to got that email as I have been a member for along time....I have been going around with Floracing trying to get in.... they first told me I got to pay $150 then it would be immediately refunded.... I told them I'm in monthly because I don't have extra cash like that...they then tell me they will be working on a solution for me to transfer my info without doing that.... well I'm still waiting and missing out on races. My god I just want to pay my extra couple bucks a month and be in. This is BS. I'm about to cancel DOD and be done with it all.

Hate you having to go through all that. I know they let monthly subs continue because mine renewed today at 14.99.

I cancelled my DoD which was due to run out August 26th. In my cancellation email I mentioned I love DoD and very much enjoyed the content, service and quality but am only a LM fan and that Flo content has the same LM content that DoD has and as a result an extra 50 a yr is no value to me.

Went to check and make sure they cancelled my service and noticed this email that I wanted to share. To summarize they are grandfathering me in and allowing me to continue to buy by the month instead of having to pay 150 for the yr. They are however charging me 3 bucks more a month but I'm more than happy with that as the next two months gives me Eldora, some Fairbury, Farmer City and Shaffer's Fall Nationals. Boat loads of value for the next 2 months for 30 bucks........... Here's the email for those interested in paying by the month if you have already been doing so.

"You are on the monthly plan and this has gone up from $11.99 to $14.99. The monthly plan has been grandfathered in and you have all of the DoD access as well as FloRacing, but will not be paying $150 for a subscription unless you would cancel and resubscribe.

If you wish to keep this at the monthly rate, you are all set. If you wish to still cancel we can assist with this."