Default ** Winter Nationals **

Well,
    Just punched up our hotel in Brandon, Tampa. They want $502 a night now because of the superbowl, (which may not happen). Wouldn't it make sence to move things back a week?

** just sayin'**

Yep, empty seats, poor fields will be what's happening at east bay for 2021. The powers to be need to reschedule around the super bowl. If not that's just plain shooting yourself in the foot. Some race teams need 3 to 4 rooms, add that hotel bill up. Or Kyle Bronson can rent out tents and bring in a few port a johns.

East Bay is January 25-30 so they already did change the date, Bubba & All Tech now have the original East bay week next year

Nascar deserves a lot of the blame as they moved up the Daytona 500 to run the week after the Super Bowl. Usually it's 2 weeks after and many people go to Volusia the week before Daytona, now Volusia is the week after Daytona. I booked my room as soon as Lucas announced speed weeks and only saw a small increase for East Bay. Difference being they're not doing the weekly rate discount for that week now. I was at the East Bay the last time the Super Bowl was in Tampa and most of that crowd is long gone by Monday morning, airport is booming. Daytona is betting that some of the football fans hang around for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Just The Tip View Post
    Volusia stayed the same, Lucas moved East Bay forward to create that gap. I'll either do East Bay or Volusia, not spending a week in Ocala and Lake City. Part of the charm of speed weeks is their proximity to Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater and Daytona-Ormond Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by dynotimeonly View Post
    Well,
    Just punched up our hotel in Brandon, Tampa. They want $502 a night now because of the superbowl, (which may not happen). Wouldn't it make sence to move things back a week?

** just sayin'**
    You def have the wrong dates. Im staying at the Hilton for $153/night!