Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WoO Beaver Dam

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Previously known as Charter Raceway, Beaver Dam is a pretty nice joint. There used to be a Taco Bell on site... it's gone now or I missed it somehow.
    Also was called powercom for a while
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Looks like a nice place.
    Just watching the 8:00 replay on DoD that was one of my first thoughts. Track looked nicely slicked and smooth as a babies rear end. ............ Was happy to see Shirley kept up his fine streak with a 4th place finish. His team has that car figured out right now.

Heckenast going back to his days at Kankakee 15 yrs ago is still the same racer. Unloads with great equipment, a very good qualifier which gets him an upfront spot in his heat, starts the feature up front and invariably falls back. Didn't see all the race but see the same pattern occurred......... Did anyone notice how he fell back to a 20th place finish from a 5th place starting spot?

Heckenast pulled off while running 15th late in the race. Not sure why he fell back. I was hoping he'd have a solid finish.

They used to have a beautiful brick 2 story building right behind main grandstands. Concessions on bottom, announcers booth and vip area up top. Some guy burned it to the ground several years back and they never rebuilt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bullring; 08-05-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lw82 View Post
    Owens and Mallory still together. Still winning. most of the time in the lead if they have a part failure. Team Zero another steller night. 9th place run
    Bloomer started 18th was up to 5thFell back to 9thNot a bad run in my books Weiss did struggle

A good night for Mr. Smooth. Attaboy Billy.

Seems like Ricky has struggled since they put a new motor in a couple events ago
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by J&Jsteel_fan View Post
    Heckenast pulled off while running 15th late in the race. Not sure why he fell back. I was hoping he'd have a solid finish.
    Me too. Frankie has always been a clean driver and up until recently, as far as I know, ran the high side 90% of the time. I root for him.

Looking forward to seeing Shirley vs the big boys at Cedar Lake. He's been excellent and consistent running the SN and last night's 4th is solid. IMO he's up there in the 2nd tier of national drivers just behind the top guys like Owens and Sheppard.

Why did Mars scratch for the night? Anyone know?

I took the shorter drive from home and went to the ARCA MW Tour at WIR for their 250. I hadn't been there for a long time and actually used to work that race as a NASCAR official back in the day. I also figured since I'm going to Cedar Lake I could afford to go check this one out.

They had a huge crowd. Majeski owned the event. His car (91) was in a class of its own. Kyle Busch qualified 2nd quick but was never really a factor. Bubba Pollard was really out to lunch at the tricky D shaped half mile. He qualified poorly, ran like a plow tractor in the LCQ, and got the tail end Charlie provisional for the feature. Johnny Sauter might have had a car to challenge but too many problems.

Back to dirt. Glad to see WoO at Beaver Dam again. The Shawano affairs were nothing but high speed car shows.