Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indy 500

I'm disappointed for the many fans that had planned on attending. I had the fortunes of being there to see Ryan Hunter-Raey take the win a few years ago. Until you have the chance to experience the event of what is the Indianapolis 500, it is truly hard to understand just how big it is. In my opinion, it is a race that all racing fans should attend atleast once.

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I'm disappointed for the many fans that had planned on attending. I had the fortunes of being there to see Ryan Hunter-Raey take the win a few years ago. Until you have the chance to experience the event of what is the Indianapolis 500, it is truly hard to understand just how big it is. In my opinion, it is a race that all racing fans should attend atleast once.
    Amen brother 👍

Rocky. What a nice guy you are. I also feel like it’s not really summer this year.

Monaco....Indy....world 600 all in the same day........ah yes, the good old days.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Flyboy, Thank you.

Q , Way back yonder last year we had those things... I'm looking forward to restarting my dang year man. I been on pause since the 16th of January.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Flyboy, Thank you.Q , Way back yonder last year we had those things... I'm looking forward to restarting my dang year man. I been on pause since the 16th of January.
    Bad thing is.. I don’t see things getting better with covid (even next year). Especially if Trump wins.. the liberals will still be going nuts

Flyboy, Thank you.

Q , Way back yonder last year we had those things... I'm looking forward to restarting my dang year man. I been on pause since the 16th of January.
    What a long strange trip it's been in 2020.....we just keep on diggin rocky,make a few adjustments and go back out and dig some more.

Stay safe, and thank you.

If Trump wins, they have no purpose to continue on COVID. It's over in November, regardless of the outcome.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    What a long strange trip it's been in 2020.....we just keep on diggin rocky,make a few adjustments and go back out and dig some more.

Stay safe, and thank you.
    Just a few more days. We've been shut in for a loooooong time. Longest I was ever at sea without touching land before was 110. That was cake compared to this. This is the last one too. Retire in January. What a way to go out. We broke the record in June. I hope nobody gets mad at me out there in 4mville for posting in my little bit of free time.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Nobody cares
    I care! I've enjoyed this race since I was kid. Many Americans have! Sorry to see it come to this...

If Trump wins, they have no purpose to continue on COVID. It's over in November, regardless of the outcome.
    Dems will lose their freakin minds (and I will be lovin it)

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    You're 100% correct. If you consider yourself a racing fan then, as 15b24fan said, you should most definitely experience the Indy 500. Some of ya'll will hate it, some of ya'll will fall in love with it but the experience in itself is priceless. The ancient and time honored traditions prior to the command to start engines is something you will not experience at any other sporting event of any kind. There are a quarter of a million people in the stands and in the infield. When Taps is blown you can hear a pin drop on shag carpeting! At that moment I'm more proud to be a racing fan that at any other moment throughout the year. I'm getting goose bumps as I'm typing this!

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    I care! I've enjoyed this race since I was kid. Many Americans have! Sorry to see it come to this...
    I feel exactly the same, BW! It will be back. And when it is I fully intend to be there and I WON'T EVER take being there for granted ever again.

Covid-19 is not going anywhere until DOCTORS find an effective vaccine. Hopefully, that occurs by next year. It is not going to "majically disappear" as some bozo has been claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Covid-19 is not going anywhere until DOCTORS find an effective vaccine. Hopefully, that occurs by next year. It is not going to "majically disappear" as some bozo has been claiming.
    Theres one for the flu as well, correct?, and yet it still kills hundreds of thousands, but without all this fear mongering!

I bet all this fear mongering disappears on Nov. 4th!

It might still be there but will the shutdowns and mass hysteria continue?

The disease won't magically disappear, but the lopsided media coverage of it will......not real sure what is so hard to understand about that.

Or why the denial?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    This is the USA
    What is your point? The USA is made up of immigrants from all over the world.

Further, if the US can't produce top notch drivers to beat out the drivers from other countries that is an indictment on the US drivers and the US drivers need to step up their game.

They push a frigging button on the steering wheel to pass somebody. Dang the excitement of that. I'm sure your going to say I'm wrong. Then saying they are racers. HUH. Racers were guys like foyt, Andretti and many more that could sit in anything from a midget, formula 1, nascar, and the 24 hrs of lemans and win. Those are real racers. Maybe one of those golden spoon boys could try there hand at winning a golden driller, or take a champ car and back it in on a mile dirt track.

I'll leave you with this. How many teams can win today in nascrap or indy car racing ? And let's not forget, those same teams have connections direct and in direct to 4 and 5 teams. So in nascrap that covers half the starting field, probably close to the same in indy car racing.

Penske out spends everybody at indy. If you don't realize that you are not a big fan of the sport and just like to flap.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    What is your point? The USA is made up of immigrants from all over the world.Further, if the US can't produce top notch drivers to beat out the drivers from other countries that is an indictment on the US drivers and the US drivers need to step up their game.
    What’s wrong with celebrating folks from your own country doing well? Does that offend you for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They push a frigging button on the steering wheel to pass somebody. Dang the excitement of that. I'm sure your going to say I'm wrong. Then saying they are racers. HUH. Racers were guys like foyt, Andretti and many more that could sit in anything from a midget, formula 1, nascar, and the 24 hrs of lemans and win. Those are real racers. Maybe one of those golden spoon boys could try there hand at winning a golden driller, or take a champ car and back it in on a mile dirt track. I'll leave you with this. How many teams can win today in nascrap or indy car racing ? And let's not forget, those same teams have connections direct and in direct to 4 and 5 teams. So in nascrap that covers half the starting field, probably close to the same in indy car racing. Penske out spends everybody at indy. If you don't realize that you are not a big fan of the sport and just like to flap.
    Pretty much true and the way I see it with the top levels of racing now.