Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indy 500

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They push a frigging button on the steering wheel to pass somebody. Dang the excitement of that. I'm sure your going to say I'm wrong. Then saying they are racers. HUH. Racers were guys like foyt, Andretti and many more that could sit in anything from a midget, formula 1, nascar, and the 24 hrs of lemans and win. Those are real racers. Maybe one of those golden spoon boys could try there hand at winning a golden driller, or take a champ car and back it in on a mile dirt track.

I'll leave you with this. How many teams can win today in nascrap or indy car racing ? And let's not forget, those same teams have connections direct and in direct to 4 and 5 teams. So in nascrap that covers half the starting field, probably close to the same in indy car racing.

Penske out spends everybody at indy. If you don't realize that you are not a big fan of the sport and just like to flap.
    It's unclear as to the point you're attempting to make. Someone in all forms of racing is outspending everyone else. It's clear that you don't enjoy Indy Cars but you do enjoy trying to point out your rational as to why they're not worth paying attention to. That's okay, but to say Indy Car racing is not good racing entertainment is patently incorrect.

There were 3 current Indy Car drivers at The Chili Bowl last January. Conor Daly, Santino Ferrucci and James Davison all were in Tulsa driving midgets. One of those Indy Car drivers, Conor Daly, was also at Du Quoin driving a USAC Midget in March of this year. For several years prior to his Indy Lite's days I watched Ed Carpenter back a USAC Silver Crown car into turn #1 at the Indy Mile, Springfield and Du Quoin. That's why Ed is presently my favorite Indy Car driver.

What you say about Andretti and Foyt being real racers is 100% correct. Their standard of excellence is the benchmark that is used to evaluate every driver. That is why they are considered the best that ever lived and guys like Stewart, Jack Hewitt, Jeff Gordon, Kenny Schrader, Christopher Bell and Kyle Larson are also admired for their versatility. A real racer can figure out how to win in any type car on any type surface.

They push a frigging button on the steering wheel to pass somebody. Dang the excitement of that. I'm sure your going to say I'm wrong. Then saying they are racers. HUH. Racers were guys like foyt, Andretti and many more that could sit in anything from a midget, formula 1, nascar, and the 24 hrs of lemans and win. Those are real racers. Maybe one of those golden spoon boys could try there hand at winning a golden driller, or take a champ car and back it in on a mile dirt track.

I'll leave you with this. How many teams can win today in nascrap or indy car racing ? And let's not forget, those same teams have connections direct and in direct to 4 and 5 teams. So in nascrap that covers half the starting field, probably close to the same in indy car racing.

Penske out spends everybody at indy. If you don't realize that you are not a big fan of the sport and just like to flap.
    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

People who could win the 500 this year:

Josef Newgarden
    Helio Castroneves
    Pato O'Ward
    Oiliver Askew ( R )
    Marcus Ericcsson
    Scott Dixon
    Felix Rosenqvist
    Will Power
    Tony Kanaan
    Graham Rahal
    Santino Ferrucci
    Ed Carpenter
    Rinus Veekay
    Simon Pagenaud
    Sage Karam
    Zach Veach
    Alexander Rossi
    Ryan Hunter-Reay
    James Hinchcliffe
    Takuma Sato
    Conor Daly
    Fernando Alonso
    JR Hildebrand
    Colton Herta
    Marco Andretti

I bet that is a hell of a lot more of a chance of a driver winning than if you go to a WoO or a Lucas Oil Race. I'll tell you that.

Good post CIRF. First to admit, I don't follow indy racing anymore. Guess I'm just not that into it anymore. They, indy and nascrap, lost me years ago. I grew up in the pits, as a child I stood beside A.J. and he seemed to be a god to a little kid. My fav was Hewitt, cut from the same mold as A. J. Why no one ever gave him the opportunity in a top quality ride is beyond me. It was probably because he would put a fist in someone's face, they couldn't have that. (Sarcasm) I cut my teeth in go carts to micro sprints then to full size sprints. When Ted Johnson came along we were part of the pa posse that wanted the money to stay in our pockets. Central pa was my home, on a weekly bases, best open wheel racing anywhere. With this virus I haven't had the chance to make it up this year. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy today's open wheel racung. I guess for me, the museum at indy or inside the Tulsa expo center to smell that smell of dirt racing is where it's at.

Good post CIRF. First to admit, I don't follow indy racing anymore. Guess I'm just not that into it anymore. They, indy and nascrap, lost me years ago. I grew up in the pits, as a child I stood beside A.J. and he seemed to be a god to a little kid. My fav was Hewitt, cut from the same mold as A. J. Why no one ever gave him the opportunity in a top quality ride is beyond me. It was probably because he would put a fist in someone's face, they couldn't have that. (Sarcasm) I cut my teeth in go carts to micro sprints then to full size sprints. When Ted Johnson came along we were part of the pa posse that wanted the money to stay in our pockets. Central pa was my home, on a weekly bases, best open wheel racing anywhere. With this virus I haven't had the chance to make it up this year. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy today's open wheel racung. I guess for me, the museum at indy or inside the Tulsa expo center to smell that smell of dirt racing is where it's at.
    Can't disparage one word of your post. It's all true, especially the part about the smell in the Expo Center in Tulsa! Biggest and best dirt event of the year!

I know what I'm going to say is a horse carcass that has been bludgeoned beyond recognition, but here goes! I believe the nearly universal appeal of Indy Car racing began it's inevitable decline in 1970 when Roger Penske, Dan Gurney, Pat Patrick and a couple others leveraged their power as important car owners. That leverage lead to the separation of the 1 mile dirt tracks from the USAC National Championship Trail. That, and the plane crash that killed virtually all of the USAC officials was the beginnings of the ultimate decline and later the split of 1996.

I've been friends with Jack Hewitt since the early 1990's and he has told me more than once that he knew at an early age that his style in the pit area and raw candor was not going to allow for a top flight ride in an Indy Car. He was good enough, no one that knows racing can dispute that but one can merely imagine Jack driving for Roger Penske! LOL! I believe even Foyt was grandfathered into the rear engine era by Tony Hulman and USAC or he might have suffered the same fate as Jack in regards to acquiring a competitive ride.

The only point I wish to emphasize is that despite the button on the steering wheel, Indy Car racing is exciting and entertaining racing. Especially on the ovals. It may not be for everyone, nothing is, but it's some good stuff, nonetheless.
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-08-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. People who could win the 500 this year:Josef NewgardenHelio CastronevesPato O'WardOiliver Askew ( R )Marcus EriccssonScott DixonFelix RosenqvistWill PowerTony KanaanGraham RahalSantino FerrucciEd CarpenterRinus VeekaySimon PagenaudSage KaramZach VeachAlexander RossiRyan Hunter-ReayJames HinchcliffeTakuma SatoConor DalyFernando AlonsoJR HildebrandColton HertaMarco AndrettiI bet that is a hell of a lot more of a chance of a driver winning than if you go to a WoO or a Lucas Oil Race. I'll tell you that.
    You are smokin dope. You can drop that list down to 7 or 8 drivers. You do have the super teams in racing now that control the sport. It’s always been that way to an extent but it’s even worse now a days. Buy a ride stuff For nearly every ride in Indy/NASCAR has reduced driver talent to the point it is less interesting than it once was.

One of just a couple of drivers over the past decade that got to NASCAR Cup on sheer talent, skill and testicular dimensions that didn't need, nor did he have, money 'cause he is just that good gets exiled out of NASCAR for a random utterance that is repeated 1000 times a day on urban radio stations.

On another note, I would estimate that there are more like 10 to 12 teams that can win the Indy 500 this year. It hasn't been all that many years ago that the number was a half dozen or less.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    One of just a couple of drivers over the past decade that got to NASCAR Cup on sheer talent, skill and testicular dimensions that didn't need, nor did he have, money 'cause he is just that good gets exiled out of NASCAR for a random utterance that is repeated 1000 times a day on urban radio stations.On another note, I would estimate that there are more like 10 to 12 teams that can win the Indy 500 this year. It hasn't been all that many years ago that the number was a half dozen or less.
    Testicular dimensions would be a lot smaller after you drained them for him
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I wouldn’t say Larson was broke but he probably didn’t have Logano money either

No, VajCryBoy there isn't only 7-8 drivers that can win. If you watched Indycar more than once a year, you'd realize this. Better luck next time though. Remember Roger isn't on the box anymore. He owns the series. The team hasn't been as great without him being as involved.

No, VajCryBoy there isn't only 7-8 drivers that can win. If you watched Indycar more than once a year, you'd realize this. Better luck next time though. Remember Roger isn't on the box anymore. He owns the series. The team hasn't been as great without him being as involved.
    Listening to you is like watching a horrible comedian. If you were driving a dirt late model I’d still beat you iUsing my 2 seater golf kart.

Its a good thing the only thing YOU THINK you'd be me in is a dirt late model. Hahahahahah. How about a foot race fat boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    Just announced a short time ago that the 500 will run but without fans. I have been since 1965 consecutively, this sucks.
    Man sorry to hear that, what a freaking bummer. You should contact the news or get something going on social media. It would be a great publicity for the 500 to let you be a special expectation. The 500 is near and dear to my heart since I grew up in Indiana. I wanted to be Rick Mears when I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Testicular dimensions would be a lot smaller after you drained them for him
    Oh the irony! A eunuch cracking wise regarding body parts he doesn't possess, never used or even needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Oh the irony! A eunuch cracking wise regarding body parts he doesn't possess, never used or even needed.
    I'd say you told him a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 ! ! ! ! ! ! LOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!

Its a good thing the only thing YOU THINK you'd be me in is a dirt late model. Hahahahahah. How about a foot race fat boy?
    Same result in a foot race. You’d be out of gas early.