Default Port Royal Format thoughts?

The new format is as follows:Thurs. 30 lap 10,000 to win / 800 to start / $43,000 totalFri. 40 lap 12,000 to win / 1,000 to start / $47,000 totalSat 50 lap 15,000 to win / 1,000 to start / $54,000 totalIt’s an interesting format with a full feature pay out each night? Almost like a mini speedweeks. $2,800 to start all three races

I like it...No it is not the $50,000 to win as first advertised, but it is still a heck of a lot of money up for grabs. Knowing the promoters of Port Royal, if all goes well in this inaugural event, I could see this building in terms of prestige and purse as the years go on.

I'd like to know we're was Cody coming up with the dollars for the purse ? Port is spreading out the cash, glad to see them doing it. Place should be packed with SLM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I'd like to know we're was Cody coming up with the dollars for the purse ? Port is spreading out the cash, glad to see them doing it. Place should be packed with SLM.
    Cody isn’t involved with the port royal anymore.

Do you think they will get the support from fans and drivers? If they do look out next year things will be bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by bighalfmile View Post
    Do you think they will get the support from fans and drivers? If they do look out next year things will be bigger and better.
    The only thing that might hurt them fan wise is the all star sprints are in the area that weekend too

43 cars on a regular night this evening ... that is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by bighalfmile View Post
    Yes. There are plenty of people who have had this race on their schedule all year. I would expect the fan attendance to increase each night. Car count will probably be in the 50's. Now that they have the date I expect this to grow into a premier race and one day pay the 50k Cody thought he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlydirtlate22 View Post
    43 cars on a regular night this evening ... that is amazing!
    It definitely helps that Selinsgrove is off. The two tracks usually split those cars.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It definitely helps that Selinsgrove is off. The two tracks usually split those cars.
    My count shows 6 selinsgrove regulars. 37;is still a pretty stout field for a regular show.

But Selinsgrove isn't running late models every week like they did in the past.. The only new car from there tonight was the 22 of Shadell(sp).. There was someone there tonight from western PA but he never made a lap... Blown head gasket from what I heard.. I too think these races will draw 60+ cars.. Aren't the Outlaws off that weekend too??

Some great Late Model racing last night at Port Royal. If you have never been to Port Royal and you are coming for the 3 Day Lucas Oil you are in for a treat.

Port Royal even had a few Delaware racers last night in Donnie Lingo and Russ Robinson(has been a semi regular). I agree that cars will not be a problem and predict a minimum of 50 per night. The crowds will build each night and by Saturday the grandstands will be pretty full. This three day format is definitely an experiment for the promoters. The local fans will support it, but I bet there will be a large contingent of OUT OF TOWN fans as well.