FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 4, 2020

Ross Bailes Claims Stick Elliot Memorial at Cherokee
Heads to Cedar Lake Speedway for USA Nationals

OCALA, Fla. (08/04/20) – Ross Bailes claimed his second win of the season for Big Frog Motorsports on Saturday night at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, S.C.

Driving the M&W Transport No. 58 Dave’s Towing/ Fred Caldwell Chevrolet/ Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model, Bailes net $4,000 for his victory in the Stick Elliott Memorial.

In a field of 25 Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series entries, Bailes secured his spot into the main event with the fourth fastest lap overall in qualifying.

Starting the main event in fourth, Ross overtook race leader Michael Brown on a lap 12 restart. He then led the remaining distance to capture his second win of the year in the No. 58 Big Frog Motorsports entry and third overall of the season. Bailes took the checkers ahead of Chris Ferguson, Michael Brown, Dennis Franklin, and Anthony Sanders.

"I kept trying to work the top on those restarts and couldn’t make it stick, but I finally got a good run. I hate I got into Chris on that one restart. I thought I had him cleared,” Bailes said. "Hopefully our luck’s turned around. We’re going to go to Wisconsin and race for 50 grand next week (at New Richmond's Cedar Lake Speedway).”

The same night saw Tyler Clem enter action at East Bay Raceway Park (Tampa, Fla.), competing in the Modified ranks. After challenging for the top spot late in the 15-lap feature, Clem suffered a flat right-rear tire while battling Devin Dixon for second that dropped him back to a 14th place outing.

For complete results from these events, please visit www.CarolinaClash.com and www.EBRP.co.

This weekend, Big Frog Motorsports and Ross Bailes will make the long haul north to Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wis. for the 33rd Annual USA Nationals. Thursday’s opener consists of a full program with a $6,000-to-win feature. On Friday, drivers will battle in a pair of passing points heat races to determine the line-ups for Saturday. To conclude the weekend, a 100-lap USA Nationals finale with a $50,000 top prize.

To learn more about the USA Nationals, please visit www.WoOLMS.com.

Big Frog Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners including Dave's Towing, Big Frog Shocks, Ocala Tractor, Southway Crane Service, M&W Transport, Fred Caldwell Chevrolet, Felony Farms, Steering Buddy, FK Rod Ends, Schaeffers Oil, Racecar Engineering, Wilwood Brakes, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis, Sunoco Race Fuels, Clements Racing Engines, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Race Tire by Brian, Daytona Sensors LLC, Schoenfeld Headers, COMP Cams, AR Bodies, Vahlco Wheels, Leaf Firesuits, JE Pistons, Red Line Oil, NGK Spark Plugs, Fast Shafts, Callies Race Products, Superior Bearings, Ferrea Valves, Butlerbuilt Seats, C&R Racing, Leaf Racewear, Collins Signs & Trophies and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Big Frog Motorsports please visit www.BigFrogMotorsports.com.