Default Eibach new progressive 5th coil spring?

just seen eibach released a progressive 5th coil spring. With a 250lb primary spring rate to a 425 secondary rate overall 10in spring. Is something similar to what advanced does with there 5th coil build?
    Last edited by Zkessler16; 08-04-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkessler16 View Post
    just seen eibach released a progressive 5th coil spring. With a 250lb primary spring rate to a 425 secondary rate overall 10in spring. Is something similar to what advanced does with there 5th coil build?
    nothing new here, afco has done this for years, and i believe advanced does a digressive deal, meaning softer rate as it gets compressed

but if you can keep good notes and will do the work its another tool in the tool box, most have enough to do already so they don't work there

Like Grt said, not new whatsoever.. this has been out for atleast 10 years, and they had other ones before..
    https://www.afcoracing.com/store.asp...th-Coil-Spring Not sure how much magical speed there is in the 5th coil area.. JMO

I'm still trying to figure out how progressive and digressive can both be right. My many tests of progressive systems have all been abysmal failures. I've honestly never run a digressive setup.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how progressive and digressive can both be right. My many tests of progressive systems have all been abysmal failures. I've honestly never run a digressive setup.
    Well according to 20 year old chassis setup guide, stiffer 5th coil spring = more instant traction and softer 5th coil = more delayed traction... so obviously digressive spring = more traction ALL THE TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    Well according to 20 year old chassis setup guide, stiffer 5th coil spring = more instant traction and softer 5th coil = more delayed traction... so obviously digressive spring = more traction ALL THE TIME
    Lol sounds like it's a must have, i agree with masters never had any luck with a progressive deal. In Any part of the racecar for that matter. To inconsistent and hard to tune

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    Sounds good! Do you have a used Penske dump? Take my money!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'm having real good luck on a digressive set up. Its on a limited late model but it made night/day difference on this car.

How did you set that up?

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    I'm having real good luck on a digressive set up. Its on a limited late model but it made night/day difference on this car.

I run Advanced's digressive setup. I'm still a little off on initial throttle up in the center of the corner but at exit it will hook up and never seems to quit pulling all the way down the straight. This is a crate motor car. I believe there's a lot of traction to be had in the fifth arm area people just don't look at. Hoping to get on a pull down rig this month and play with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Sounds good! Do you have a used Penske dump? Take my money!
    I have like 5 of them