Thumbs up LaSalle Speedway News.

LaSalle Speedway news

Posted on Facebook about 10 minutes ago.

La Salle Speedway: ‘We stayed under our 20% seating capacity’
    Owner says he did his 'due diligence with the governor's office'
    By Ali BraboyEmailFollow
    July 30, 2020
    For more than a year, La Salle Speedway sat vacant. Wednesday there were races. La Salle Speedway’s president said Wednesday's event followed state guidelines and they did “everything we needed to do” to allow the race to take place.
    Shaw Media | Scott Anderson
    Caption
    La Salle Speedway’s president says Wednesday's return event followed state guidelines and they did “everything we needed to do” to allow the race to take place.

Wednesday night was the first event held at La Salle Speedway in over a year. Shaw Media attended to get photos.

“We stayed under our 20% seating capacity for what we hold here,” said the Speedway’s president, Tony Izzo, by limiting ticket sales.

He said the state allows for outdoor spectator sports with no more than 20% of seating capacity and concessions are permitted with restrictions, which are on the Illinois Department of Commerce’s website.

“We seat 6,000 people, and we had less than 1,000 people here,” Izzo said.

He said the Speedway followed the restricted rules for the concession stands by bringing in certified, approved food vendors (the Speedway didn’t open any of its own concession stands).

The Speedway recommended and encouraged face masks, but didn’t mandate them, he said.

He said the facilities were sterilized and cleaned professionally before the event, and there was hand sanitizer throughout the stadium.

“I appreciate the support of the local community,” Izzo said. “La Salle has been great to me.”

The La Salle County Health Department said that La Salle Speedway does not operate under any county permits and is considered to be within city limits.

"We were aware that they were hosting the event and recommended they follow the state's health guidelines,” said Brent Bader, the City of La Salle’s Director of Public Relations and Community Development.

The Health Department shared this comment: “Because we are aware of the large event that occurred at the La Salle Speedway last night, we will be referring them to the Illinois Department of Commerce to investigate if the guidelines were met in regards to capacity, masking and social distancing.”

“The La Salle County Health Department recommends that anyone who attended the event at the La Salle Speedway on Wednesday, July 29, monitor themselves for symptoms. We advise anyone who attended a large gathering to consider being tested for COVID-19 five to seven days after the event or immediately if they begin to develop symptoms.”

Izzo said he’s working on scheduling future races, but with limits of 20% capacity, he has to be careful how expensive the show is he brings in, as he doesn’t want to bring a show more expensive than the revenue 20% capacity would bring in.

“I did my due diligence with the governor's office," he said.

“We followed everything we needed to do to have a race, and hopefully we can get this race track back up and running, and hopefully the country gets back up and running the way it once was.”

State of Illinois Moving to Phase 4
    https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-reo...TBV3QR7i52kz4c
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

They were safely under 10 percent.

They had no count on admission as all they did was mark your hand with a blue marker. If they had under 20%, why did I have to park in the far back corner of the facility. Was closer to 50 than 20.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    They had no count on admission as all they did was mark your hand with a blue marker. If they had under 20%, why did I have to park in the far back corner of the facility. Was closer to 50 than 20.
    I guess the amount of ticket sales was no indication to attendance? Lol, ok...

Of course they won't say attendance for several reasons one being it a cash business so have to keep as much money off the books or get killed by taxes. Most tracks fudge the numbers. Just like bowling centers. By the highlights looked pretty full. I can't say I was not in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    They were safely under 10 percent.
    I was there. Out of respect to Tony and the racetrack I will not comment on the numbers other than that the 10% statement is absolutely false.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I was there. Out of respect to Tony and the racetrack I will not comment on the numbers other than that the 10% statement is absolutely false.
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. We all saw how many people were there.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. We all saw how many people were there.
    I surely hope so if true my apologies.
    8/13/16

I think the gist of it is, "Izzo said he’s working on scheduling future races". The sale is off?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I surely hope so if true my apologies.
    Let's just say I am hoping to see more races there. Getting on here and saying it was over 50 percent full isn't going to help that.

I wonder how he defines "capacity".
    The sky boxes weren't used.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I wonder how he defines "capacity".
    The sky boxes weren't used.
    Anywhere you can sit or stand, wouldn't it be?

Tony isn't going to put himself in any position to make matters worse. If he claims an x amount of people in attendance, you can almost defanatly believe it.

No tickets or wristbands just a blue x, smart sob
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

There is always drama at lasalle