Default Hey CIRF, did ya see Wolfgang In Weikerts Ride

Hey brother, did ya see Wolfgang run ole Bob's beef ride ever? If so tell me bout it.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Hey brother, did ya see Wolfgang run ole Bob's beef ride ever? If so tell me bout it.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    Mark, I had the honor of watching Doug Wolfgang drive a racecar several times but his days in the Weikert Livestock car were just a bit before my time. I believe the first time I watched Doug race was at the Kings Royal back in 1991 and the second time was just a couple of weeks later at the Indiana State Fairgrounds driving the Boston Louis Seymour #29 USAC Silver Crown Car.

I don't remember who's car Wolfie was driving at the Kings Royal. He had trouble during qualifying. IIRC his front wing came loose and he lost all down force on the front axle and he very nearly went full vertical but he didn't wreck. As a result he had to race his way in through the alphabet soup but he ultimately got in but didn't run all that well. I'm working on memory here so I could have a few details incorrect.

I'm watching the USAC National Midgets on Flo this week during their Eastern swing and Bob Weikert has been mentioned more than once in the first couple nights of that Eastern Series.
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-06-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Ol Bob's car came out west just a scant few times and I felt it was like royalty was in da house. Bummer you did not see that ride, we can see 'em all for sure. Just think about 52 wins in one season, of course that does not count all the top 5's or 10's.

LMM