Default Anyone here driven a bunch of different chassis?

Just watching the cars it looks like Bloomquist chassis drivers don't get as sideways in the corners as Rockets and Mastersbilts kindof lift the front left more than anyone else. Is there a big difference in driving technique across the different cars?

Quote Originally Posted by hjr2 View Post
    Just watching the cars it looks like Bloomquist chassis drivers don't get as sideways in the corners as Rockets and Mastersbilts kindof lift the front left more than anyone else. Is there a big difference in driving technique across the different cars?
    All the cars have some different tendencies. But, an experienced driver will make the car work for him, or get a different one, for the most part. You don't approach them like a totally different animal. I've seen people try.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Bloomer has always ran with a more flat in appearance setup in the corners

I’ve always heard bloomer preferred his cars to run pretty straight so that’d line up with what you see. I’ve heard Michael Page say the same thing and he runs a Stinger chassis. Remember him giving an interview shortly after getting that brand and stating that was one of the main things he looks for in a car. I’d imagine Stingers are a bit cheaper then bloomquist chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Bloomer has always ran with a more flat in appearance setup in the corners
    In the front, yes. He was the hike king last season. Thus, the droop rule struggling.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Chase king "stinger chassis"worked for Scott for many years building chassis.Then chase & his dad mark king opened stinger.I would almost guarantee those 2 chassis are just about the same.Key words "just about".

ole jimmy o is driving that rocket pretty dang straight, never thought i would see that in a rocket

he has found something he likes, thats for sure

Yeah, Jimmy Owens car looks a lot like Bloomquists used to, wonder if it's cause of Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    In the front, yes. He was the hike king last season. Thus, the droop rule struggling.
    Gotcha 👍. I only saw him at Cherokee and he didn’t do well that night.

It is 100% because of Cody. Like him or not but the guy is money in the bank!
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Yeah, Jimmy Owens car looks a lot like Bloomquists used to, wonder if it's cause of Cody.
    Come to think of it jimmy does look smooth and relatively level in the turns. Good on the bottom

I heard Bloomquist chassis are stiffer and that the new Rockets are stiffer as well. Does that help it steer into the corners?

Bloomquist has been the "hike master "for quite some time he just learned how to manipulate his body as to not appear to have as much hike before others did. His left door and quarter were dragging the ground in the pits five years ago before anyone was manipulating ride heights to get Around deck height rules.

I’ve driven a bunch of copies of stuff. Had a TNT that was smack down car. Had a car of Josh Mcguires when he was building cars which was a genX and now I have a bloomquist car. It definitely wants to be driven straight but it’s not like you have to try to, it gets side bite so fast that you don’t think about how straight it is, it has more forward drive than anything I’ve driven. If you get it too sideways it doesn’t like it, but you can move the birdcages around to fix that. The front end is twitchy even with a 3 3/4 rack on it

The car of josh’s was good and won a bunch of races with it and was so pleased with how positive it would steer

But that old TNT car, boy that thing would do things on 1600’s that no other car could do on 1200’s. It was special and would have Tony build me another tomorrow just like it if he could. It has traction, but got bless America did it rotate.

i would agree that tnt doesn't get enough credit, they build a nice piece