Default A Few USA Nationals Observations

1. Major props to Overton. His car is so well balanced and it is amazing how his nose basically hardly moves up or down. He can drive it so straight and just about anywhere on the track. Doesn’t seem like he gets much wheel spin either.
    2. Track was in good shape all weekend and produced some good racing. The competition is so even it gets really hard to pass when the track slicks off.
    3. Kyle Bronson - He has been driving so clean this year, I was surprised he pulled the bush league move on Mars on Friday in the heat. Then goes on and talks trash about Mars in his post race interview. Oh well, Mars got the last laugh with a solid run in the top 7 all night ending with a podium finish.
    4. Brent Larson - For some reason he won’t get out of the way when being lapped. Race after race when getting lapped he is a moving road block, won’t hold his line and last night he challenged Moyer and BShepp for several laps. Maybe he should drive harder earlier in the race when battling for position rather than deciding to race the leaders when being lapped.
    5. Terbo - Pathetic. Worse than a three year old. Especially after his actions with Gustin, Papich, and Gundaker to react like he did when the shoe is on the other foot.
    6. Pierce - uncalled for ramming of Weiss. His car has absolutely no drive off the corners either on the bottom or in the middle and he is relegated to hammering a cushion or the wall once cars thin out/get spread out to make any moves. Problem is that the cars running the middle naturally glide up towards the wall and in front of him coming out of two and four. It is frustrating, but you have to find a way to pass people without knocking them in the rear.

That's a perfect observation of Brent Larson all year long, I wonder if he has any friends out on tour at all with the way he drives, especially being lapped. I don't think his driving has improved at all being out on tour for 1.5 years. Arnie Ranta sure must like Brent as a friend to waste that much money on his racing.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    That's a perfect observation of Brent Larson all year long, I wonder if he has any friends out on tour at all with the way he drives, especially being lapped. I don't think his driving has improved at all being out on tour for 1.5 years. Arnie Ranta sure must like Brent as a friend to waste that much money on his racing.
    This is his 3rd year on tour lol.

Wow, than for sure he hasn't learnt a thing than at all, being his 3rd year on tour.

Arnie should put Rauen on tour full-time next year and move on from the "B-main Bomber."

The sad part is brent looked promising the first year. He was heading in the right direction. Since then he actually gotten worse much worse

Jason Rauen could put himself on tour with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Jason Rauen could put himself on tour with no problem.
    Definitely, i bet he spends more on sponsorships than his own racing!

drich24 -- Your observations are spot on.

If you don't mind, I would like to add one to your list.

7. Props to Rick Eckert on some good runs. His car, much like Brandon Overton's, was very maneuverable. Most of the cars that were fast, were running either high or low, but Rick was fast running through the middle (Brandon's car was good in the middle as well).

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    If you look at who Arnie sponsors, Larson, Rauen and Yaggy they are all close friends of his. I guess it doesn't matter how they perform, which I don't get. I can't imagine the cost to keep those guys out there but we do need supporters like Arnie Ranta to keep our sport alive. It's a shame those guys can't honor Arnie with some better showings. And the poor guy is battling stage 4 cancer!

Let's not forget the $$$$ Arnie put into 3s Shirley and went nowhere a few years back, what, 7th or 8th in LODLMS points before he faded away. Out driven and had the best of equipment (4 new cars) and more backing then he'll ever see again. Shirley rewarded Arnie with his smart mouth when it came to any "team-mate" information, only thing 3s spread was excuses and ill will. At least Arnie wised up and got away from that deadbeat operation. All mouth and no go!

Quote Originally Posted by schlieperfan9 View Post
    Let's not forget the $$$$ Arnie put into 3s Shirley and went nowhere a few years back, what, 7th or 8th in LODLMS points before he faded away. Out driven and had the best of equipment (4 new cars) and more backing then he'll ever see again. Shirley rewarded Arnie with his smart mouth when it came to any "team-mate" information, only thing 3s spread was excuses and ill will. At least Arnie wised up and got away from that deadbeat operation. All mouth and no go!
    Shirley has more talent than everyone combined that have been in Arnie's equipment. His resume speaks for itself.
    More backing than he'll ever see again? You obviously have no clue about the Shirley/Cullen operation, but keep on flapping your gums ya toothless moron. You haven't a clue.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Shirley has more talent than everyone combined that have been in Arnie's equipment. His resume speaks for itself.
    More backing than he'll ever see again? You obviously have no clue about the Shirley/Cullen operation, but keep on flapping your gums ya toothless moron. You haven't a clue.
    Talent, being an asset to an organization, and a joy to work with are all different things.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Tisk, tisk, tisk. A good bit of evidence that highside halfwit certainly espouses to the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra. Obviously the poor little guy can dish it out but he just can't take it! LOL!

Is that the reason that the Cullen/Shirley organization dropped off of the LODLMS tour, because of the endless supply of money or was it just plain reality, they are a "B" team player at best and can't compete against the "A" team which they yet again tried and failed after telling anyone who would listen that the 2020 tour was going to be the learning year and then compete for the 2021 Lucas championship.....that came right out of the drivers mouth just months ago oh wise one, buck teeth and all!

There is way more behind the scenes of the Arnie/Shirley deal than what is speculated on 4m. I'll leave it at that, b/c it's like politics...nobody is going to change their mind.

That said, if I was Culllen, I would've pulled off the Lucas tour this year too. Given the covid deal, their standing in Lucas oil points, and the chance to clean up on the S/N, that's what makes the most sense for them. They can still hit up select WoO/Lucas shows. Seems to me that's the team plan every year. Run a tour until S/N time, and then re-evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by schlieperfan9 View Post
    Um...it was the WoO tour, and I wouldn't exactly call Larson Shirley's teammate. Larson needs way more help than just setup notes.

It sure was good to see Scrub have a good run. Man do I miss seeing that Orange #24 competing up front. He was my favorite for many years on the WoO tour.