Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I would think any Race Car owned by a chassis builder is a house car. A chassis builder can have as many house cars it can afford. No rule against that.

So you think maybe, just maybe, it's going to be a team car to the 39 ? Those haulers can run up and down the road with 2 cars in them. All publicity. That and I'm sure young money won't mind giving it a try. If it is a team car to T-Mac that crew has enough trouble getting one car up front consistently. I wonder if they'll let Larson sell tee shirts. I betcha if so he sells out.

Donny Schatz believes this entire thread is hilarious. Has accomplished more in sprints than Larsen, basically tutored by Mark, Shepp and the Rocket crew, best equipment available and he didn't take the late model world by storm.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Donny Schatz believes this entire thread is hilarious. Has accomplished more in sprints than Larsen, basically tutored by Mark, Shepp and the Rocket crew, best equipment available and he didn't take the late model world by storm.
    You beat me to it. Larson wouldn't even make the show first time out.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    If he gets enought test time in he will.

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Lol I posted this same news over 2 weeks ago
    I posted it a month ago!

Unfortunately I don't see an opportunity this year for Larson to do it this year. The DTWC won't be happening in Ohio and it's getting kinda late to be moving it without any announcements yet.

Anyone thinking he wouldn't be respectable in a LM tho hasn't been paying attention to what he is doing. Donny has never done anything remotely close to what Larson has done this year. Not taking anything away from Donny, but this is the first time Kyle has had a chance to focus solely on his sprint car operation and it's showing. Not to mention his USAC domination in June.

Sadly it will probably be back to NASCAR next year, but it's been fun watching him. Enjoy it while you can!

I wish they would just announce that the DTWC is going to Port Royal.

Considering the fact Donny runs the WoO and can't pick and choose a true Outlaw schedule he wants...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Yea, winning 10 WOO sprint titles is a walk in the park against underfunded teams

While I appreciate Donny's accomplishments, IF Kyle Larson would have been running sprint cars against him every night for as long as Donny has ran them, then Donny would have a LOT less wins.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    That is FAR from a given.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    If he gets enought test time in he will.
    I doubt that he would need much test time to master a late model.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I doubt that he would need much test time to master a late model.
    with rumley dialing it in it wont take long

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    While I appreciate Donny's accomplishments, IF Kyle Larson would have been running sprint cars against him every night for as long as Donny has ran them, then Donny would have a LOT less wins.
    Maybe next year Donny can drop off the WOO tour and cherry pick some ASCoC races or try for that ultimate crown of Pa. Speed Week Champ. Kyle is a once in a generation talent but he hasn't been going toe to toe every night with the best drivers or the top teams.

Stewart looked pretty good in late model and they have similar racing backgrounds

Maybe next year Donny can drop off the WOO tour and cherry pick some ASCoC races or try for that ultimate crown of Pa. Speed Week Champ. Kyle is a once in a generation talent but he hasn't been going toe to toe every night with the best drivers or the top teams.
    Like I said, in case you haven't noticed, he's been cherry picking the WoO series too! You try to make fun of ASCoC and PA, but he's making fun of WoO too. Every time he goes toe to toe with them, he's the man to beat!

If you think what he is doing isn't something special, you live in a small world.

I live in the real world and he ain't jumping in a late model and instantly start kicking everyones azz.

I live in the real world and he ain't jumping in a late model and instantly start kicking everyones azz.
    DLM racing has zero talents like Larson. There is no reason he can't win immediately with a properly prepared machine.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I won't say immediately, but he will win pretty quickly, depending on where he goes first.

So you're saying he's no Scott Bloomquist. He's been running sprint cars for over ten years but only until recently has he been this dominate (and only this year has he been able to commit to the type of schedule he is).

The thing about Kyle is he has shown how adept he is at adapting quickly to whatever vehicle he is in. He can run well in a 3,300lb Cup car and turn around later that night and be competitive in a sprint car. While a LM takes a completely different driving style, there's nothing I see that says he wouldn't be able to quickly adapt to that and be just as competitive. Look at some of the newer drivers wih very limited experience in LM's doing very well against seasoned, accomplished drivers. Experience only gets you so far before talent starts to play a role. Saying there's no way he could do it is only an opinion based on nothing.

Again, hopefully we get to see it and one of us can prove the other wrong.